CHAPTER 74 - WHITE MASK

CH:74
WHITE MASK
1/22/2020
11:49 AM

It felt good to finally be able to shave and rid myself of my pesky beard. Let alone it felt good to be in my own dorm room. This wonderful, classic, structure. Not an unending darkness filled with shadows. Taiki slept unmoving from the bed, Paul asleep in my bed. He called out sick today. I've simply decided to stop attending classes. At least for now.

Finding myself in the stillness of this realm again has brought so much more perspective as to just how precious life is. That otherworldly hell was a place I thought I would never escape from. I turn from the windowsill I had lost myself in-- And refocused myself, taking a walk to my familiar bathroom. It was there I encountered Philemon-- Sitting inside of the bathtub. He was generally still and unmoving, slowly turning his head to me.

"Welcome back."

I take a seat next to him. "Ever since I saw you my life has been turning upside down, sideways and whichever way really."

Philemon laughs. "Life has a way. That's why you're here Kazuma. Against all the odds, you, Paul, Nami, and Taiki, have survived." He adjusts his mask. "You still contain the souls of many individuals whom have died as a result of the Terraformers endless ritual to seize power in the dimension we call the real world. That may prove useful or very deadly to you. I suggest you be on your guard."I smile. "That's been a constant so far. I'll survive.""Who are you?""I am you, you are me.""Right. I almost forgot."

Philemon takes a stand and walks a bit toward the bathroom mirror. "Kazuma. Stay focused. Taiki arguably only defeated the weakest links amongst the council members. They will make a more dramatic effort to kill the four of you. Make haste."

Upon blinking Philemon disappears. I'm now left back in the silence of the dormroom.