CHAPTER 27 - P1--2 - YATOGAMI

CH:27 - P1
YATOGAMI
1/8/2020
XX:XX

Once we landed in the Xenospace, I could visibly see Taiki's endearing expression and honestly fear. I place my hand on his shoulder.
"Don't be afraid. Once you get the hang of it, battles aren't too bad."

Taiki fidgets a bit. "I'm just itching to see my own power! Who taught you all this anyway?"

I cross my arms. "This man named Philemon and his servants. As well as the murderer I was telling you about."

Taiki was oddly silent as we drifted through the Xenospace. It seems like a place of peace and serenity. We take some steps to reach what appeared to be a terrace, parallel to the one we all know and love. As we try to make further progress, a glob of levitating shadow appeared with it's large mouth agape.

"Taiki! Here it is, perfect timing... Just call on your Persona; just as I did.... No rush, I'm here to protect you. Just focus."

The glob roared and began to rush to focusing Taiki, gripping his heart. The familiar aura of a Persona user surrounds him, but the glob was getting a little too close for comfort. Although I was nervous I trusted in the feeling I had.

"Per...So... Na...!!"
An enigmatic Pyramid emerged from Taiki's back, with a ball of water waving and weaving from underneath it. It bore a large eye on each of the three individual pyramid faces. The Persona released the ball like an extension of hands to flush the approaching glob away and submerge it with a rippling whirlpool.

Once it retracted the waves the shadow had been defeated, Taiki was panting, leaning over. I rush to his side. "Good job! Your Persona has some unique qualities."

Taiki gives a thumbs up. "That thing... It's Yatogami... I heard him speak to me, 'I am Thou, Thou art I..."

CH:27 - P2
YATOGAMI
1/8/2020
XX:XX

I put both my hands on his shoulders. "Again, great work. This is definitely the beginning of a new era."

Taiki gives me his foolish grin. "Yeah... I'm liking this... So far."

We both move from the area and peer over the edge of a broad and endless sea of twists and turns. There lies a tower, the Shadow Stronghold that Negatsu spoke of when we first met. I wonder if it was a ploy, of if he was indeed being truthful.

"Hey Taiki, you see that tower? I want to make an expedition there soon... At least within a couple days after you've become accustomed to your abilities.

He squints his eyes, peering over at the large area. "It's ... Kinda upside down. Like the rest of the areas around here; sometimes right-side up and other times not... Such a weird place."

I then remember the woman... The one who saved my life. She wanted to meet me in the secluded grove. I'll be sure to let Taiki know, he's my partner now.

"Alright. That should be enough for today. Let's head back--"

Right as I was about to finish my sentence Taiki grabs me and lunges me out of the way as a pillar of fire emits from the ground. We both quickly grab our bearings on the floor to see two men dressed in leather jackets. One had a slickback style and the other had a scraggly beard with a bald head.

"Hmph. So you're the one who killed Negatsu... This weakling!?"

"Hey now, doesn't matter. Makes the job easier for us. Just gotta bring back something from him and the boss will be happier than a billy goat."

Taiki and I were dead silent. Looks like we're already facing more Persona users. Was he ready to take on these guys? I wasn't too sure.