||SEVEN - JUBILEE||

Jayda's POV

"Next time you're going to punch through a river of ice, be careful." Sweet Pea said, bandaging my hands up.

"You know, I couldn't leave her." I replied, leaning my headon his shoukder after he'd finished.

"I know, I understand." he replied. We sat like tha for about ten minutes, until I broke the silence.

"We need to get ready for the Jubilee." I said. 

"Okay. I'll meet you outside your trailer." he said, and we stood up. I grabbed my jacket and walked back to my trailer.

I walked in, and I was greeted by Jughead.

"Hey, Jug. What are you doing here?" I asked him, taking off my jacket and hanging it up.

"Are you okay?" he asked looking at my hands.

"I'm fine," I reassured him, "I'm just getting ready for the Jubilee." 

"I'll meet you there, I'm going to visit dad first." he replied.

"Okay." I said, and went into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I did my usual makeup, black eyeshadow and eyeliner, and nude lips. I put some braids in my hair and thought it looked okay.

I went into my room, and decided on an outfit for the jubilee. A black skirt, a black off shoulder top and black heeled boots. Can you tell my favourite colour is black?

 Can you tell my favourite colour is black?

I looked in the mirror. It looked okay, but my bandages ruined the look. I didn't care though, I'd saved someone's life.

I went outside, and Sweet Pea was waiting, leaning on his bike. He was wearing black jeans, and a navy blue shirt, with the top buttons undone.

"You look so hot right now." he commented, looking me up and down.

"Thank you." I replied. I went over to him, kissed him, before getting on the back of his bike. 

-----

We drove to the Jubilee, and saw that almost the whole of Riverdale were there. We got some seats near the back with Toni and Fangs, and then Mayor McCoy began to speak.

"Welcome, one and all, to Riverdale's 75th Anniversary Jubilee Celebration!" she said, and mostly everyone began to clap. "I couldn't be any more thrilled to introduce my daughter, Josie, and her Pussycats, as they perform alongside our local hero, Archie Andrews."

"I'm pretty sure that I saved Cheryl, not him." I whispered to Sweet Pea.

"Northsiders stealing the limelight again." he whispered back. Everyone started applauding as they came on to stage.

"Hi. Hi everyone," one of them, I assume Josie, addressed. "We're switching up things tonight. We are singing a song, that my boy, Archie Andrews wrote. So..."

She stepped away from the microphone, and Archie went to center stage. They sang the song, then everyone clapped for them.

After that, Betty came onto the stage, notecards in hand, ready for her speech.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'd like to thank, Mayor McCoy for inviting me to speak on this historic day. 75 years of Riverdale." she began with. "But what is Riverdale? It's the people, right? You, me, our friends, our neighbours. Riverdale is Archie Andrews."

Some people, probably some of his friends, started making whooping noises.

"Kevin Keller is Riverdale." Betty continued. "Veronica Lodge, she's Riverdale. But you know who's also Riverdale? FP Jones."

Oh god. Where's Blondie going with this?

"Who we were so quick to blame for Jason's murder." At this, the audience started chattering amongst themselves.

"Jughead Jones is Riverdale. The very soul of Riverdale. Without him, we may never have found out what happened to Jason. And yet how do we thank him?" Betty continued. "By banishing him. Which is what we dowhen the truth gets too ugly in Riverdale. Truth being that, Clifford Blossom was also Riverdale. Riverdale's at a crossroads. 

If we don't face reality of who, and what we are, if we keep lying to ourselves and keeping secrets from each other, then what happened to Jason could happen again. Or God forbid, something even worse. Riverdale must do better. We must do better."

She stepped away from the mic, and everything was silent. Until, Jughead started clapping from the back of the room. Then, Kevin stood up clapping.

Eventually, everyone was clapping at Betty's speech. 

-----

Sweet Pea and I walked out of the town hall, hand-in-hand. My phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I said into it, pausing at his bike.

"So you want us to go over to your trailer, and give Jughead a jacket?" asked Asher. I'd told him, Tallboy and a couple other Serpents to interupt Jughead and Betty, (he told me to not come home after the Jubilee) and give Jug his ow jacket.

"Yeah, but do it in about an hour." I replied.

"Okay boss." he responded, and I hung up the phone.

"What was that about?" Sweet Pea asked me.

"I asked some of the Serpents to give Jug a jacket, that's all." I replied, and I sat on his bike.

"But, why in an hour?" he asked, sitting next to me.

"He's kicked me out the trailer, says I'm not allowed back there tonight. So, I just thought that would be the perfect time to give it to him." I said, moving my hair out my face.

"You can stay at mine tonight." he replied, and he placed a hand on my thigh. He leaned in, and we started making out.

I felt his hand move up my thigh, and to my hip. After a while, I broke away.

"Shall we head back to yours?" I asked, seductively. 

"I'm down for that." he replied. I climbed on the back on his bike, and wrapped my arms around his waist.

Sweet Pea drove us to his trailer. He unlocked the door, then locked it behind us. We immediately started making out.

I jumped up, wrapping my legs around his waist. He pushed me against the wall in his bedroom. I felt his hands explore my body, it felt so good.

I removed his shirt, and he removed mine, revealing my lacey bra.

"You look so hot right now." he said, but I pulled him back to me by the back of his neck. And you can guess what we did.