||FORTY-TWO - MY FAULT||

Jayda's POV

I woke up in a hospital bed, with a terrible pain in the back of my head. I sat up in the bed.

"What happened?" I asked, aloud. Everyone in the room turned to me. Then, everything came back to me. And, Midge's scream ringed in my ears.

"Do you remember what happened?" Jughead asked me.

"What happened to Midge?" I countered.

"She died." Toni answered, a hint of sadness in her voice. Midge didn't deserve that. She didn't do anything. 

"Can you tell us about what happened?" Sweet Pea asked, and took my hand in his. So I told them, about what she'd told me, about the other guy. But, I didn't tell them that I knew it was Fangs.

"Are you okay, now?" Sweet Pea asked me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I replied, and gave him a smile. Then, the door burst open, and my dad rushed in.

I knew he didn't come to the show, and I was pissed at him for it. Everyone else left, leaving me alone with my dad.

"Jay..." He tried to put his hand on mine, but I moved away. "What is it?"

"You said that you'd come, but you didn't." I snapped. "Add the fact that I've been in here since last night, and you've only just come to visit me." 

He didn't say anything. Just looked at me, with a sad look on his face. 

"I'm sorry..." He trailed off. 

"I could've died. The Black Hood could've chosen me, instead of Midge." I shot back. I could feel the tears running down my cheeks as I yelled. "And, you wouldn't even know, because you were fucking moping in the trailer."

"I'm sorry..." He repeated.

"Just leave." I shouted at him, and pointed to the door. "Just fucking leave." He stood up, and walked out the room. You could tell he was annoyed at himself.

-----

When I was discharged, Sweet Pea took me to his place. Because, I wasn't going home after the fight I just had with Dad.

Midge's funeral was later today, so we both showered, and got ready.

"I didn't want to admit it to everyone, but I was so fucking scared." Sweet Pea confessed. "I thought you'd disappeared again."

"Well, I'm here." I comforted, and kissed his cheek. "Even though I shouldn't be." I muttered.

"What are you talking about?" He asked me.

"It should've been me. Not Midge. She didn't do anything wrong." I answered, shaking my head. Sweet Pea put his arm around me, and pulled me closer.

"Don't say that." He responded.

"I could've stopped him. Stopped him from killing her." I admitted. Sweet Pea loosened his grip, and turned my head to face him.

"There's nothing you could've done." He soothed. "None of us could've seen it coming." 

I sighed, and nodded. And, then we left for Midge's funeral.

-----

Cheryl sang on behalf of Midge, and some people moved forward and put white roses on the casket. Her favourite flower. Then, Cheryl concluded the song.

"I also feel it is my duty to say that like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who ceaselessly pursue blood atonement when a crime has been committed, the Vixens and I vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister is rightly punished." Cheryl announced.