Newt - I won't give up

I, of course, am the only girl in the Glade. It's not too horrible, but all the boys hit on me. And, the worst is Newt.
He's nice and all, but he won't give up. Constant pick up lines, hugs, asking me out. I kinda feel bad for him.
"Hey (Y/N)." As if on cue, here comes Newt.
"Hey Newt."
"Option 2" he says.
"Newt, we're working in the gardens not picking food choice 1 or 2."
"Oh, sorry love. I couldn't help it. You look like the best meal there is." Newt says.
"Newt, why?" I ask.
"Why what?"
"Why do you constantly try to flirt with me?"
"Because I love you."
"Newt you only say that because I'm the only girl here. You're just trying to sleep with me like all the rest of the boys here." I explain. I watch as a shocked expression crosses his face. He looks....
Hurt.
"I-" he starts to say, but I see his eyes water. Oh no.
"Newt I'm sorry." I say.
"(Y/N) I didn't mean for you to think I just wanted to sleep with you. I don't want that. I'm not like all the other guys here." He says. I see a tear fall.
"Newt I'm so sorry. I'm just used to guys trying for that. I didn't know."
"It's alright love."
"Can I ask you something Newt?"
"Of course you can."
"After I rejected you, why didn't you stop flirting?"
"Because. You were worth it. I kept hoping and I'm still hoping that you'll come around and realize how much I truly love you. No, I don't want to just sleep with you like all the other boys here. I want you to be mine." Newt explains. I smile at him.
"Newt, I should've known. You're the sweetest boy I've ever met."
"I knew that I could never give up on you." He says, offering a sweet smile.
"I should've listened to you earlier."
"It's alright love." I smile and hug him, I don't care that we're both slightly sweaty from working. I feel his arms pull me closer to him and wrap around me as tight as possible bringing me into a deep hug.
He rests his chin on my head and sighs.
When he pulls away he has the biggest grin on his face.
"I love you, please, be my girlfriend?" He asks.
"Newt, I don't know..." I start to joke but see the hurt in his eyes.
"I'm only joking Newt, of course I'll be your girlfriend." I say smiling.
The look of worry is gone off his face before he hugs me again.
"Can I kiss you?" He asks, pulling away from the hug. I think for a second. This is my first kiss that I'll remember. Not that I've had one before the maze.
"Yes." I say.
"Are you sure love?" He asks, his eyebrows knitting together in concentration.
"Yes, absolutely." I say smiling at him.
I throw my arms around his neck as his hands sit on my waist.
"Is this okay?" He asks. I giggle.
"Newt," I say putting my hands on his cheeks. "It's okay. Listen, just kiss me already. I love you." I say.
I feel his lips press against mine softly as he pulls my waist a little closer to him.
I smile into the kiss. It was soft and gentle. Like Newt. And I knew I loved him.
"I love you too" he says, setting his forehead on mine. We smile at each other. I bring my arms back around his neck and he wraps his around my waist more.
We stand in the garden like that. By now we've gathered a nice sized crowd of other gladers. The boys looking at me.
Newt seems to notice too as he pulls me in close and sets his chin on my head.
"She's mine now. Back off a little would you?" Newt asks. I giggle.
"Yeah Newt!" We hear Minho cheer. "I knew you'd get her man!"
I laugh as we stand there. Life is perfect.