Chapter 1

Aurora's POV

Over the summer I had found out about my real family and my real past but that didn't mean I didn't love the family that had looked after me my whole life, I was grateful to them for being as kind, loving and generous as they had been considering how Harry had to grow up with the horrid Aunt, Uncle and cousin. I chose to still call them my family but I changed my last name to Potter as everyone knew who I was now so there was no hiding or denying the fact that I am and forever will be a Potter.

Harry's POV

The scorching sun shone down on me as I sat in a swing seat alone in a playground.

"He squealed like a pig, didn't he?" The voice of my cousin Dudley broke my train of thought.

"Yeah, brilliant punch, Big D," one of his goons laughed.

"Did you see his face?" Another replied. I breathed in through my nose as I looked up to face them

"Hey Big D. Beat up another ten-year-old?" I asked as he scoffed.

"This one deserved it,"

"Yeah," the guys behind him agreed.

Five against one, very brave," I mocked.

"Well, you're one to talk, moaning in your sleep every night? At least I'm not afraid of my pillow," Dudley chortled along with his idiot friends.

"Don't kill Cedric. Who's Cedric? You boyfriend?"

"Shut up," I demanded feeling anger well up inside me.

" "He's going to kill me, Mum." Where is your mum? Where is your mum, Potter? Is she dead? Is she dead? Is she a dead Pott...?" Dudley taunted as the clouds grew grey and the wind picked up blowing stray rubbish everywhere. By this point, I had jumped out of the swing seat and had thrust my wand into Dudley's neck.

"Dudley," his friends said in a warning tone.

"Dudley let's go," two ran off

"What's going on?" Another asked following them

"What are you doing?" Dudley asked me, fear laced in his voice.

"I'm not doing anything," I replied honestly.

"We're getting out of here, Dudley, come on let's go," I said as we began running to get out of the now pouring rain. We stopped in a tunnel and I heard a familiar crackling noise, I looked over to the lights that lined the wall and noticed ice creeping over them making them flicker before fully going out.

"Dudley run," I choked out as I was slammed against the concrete wall by a dementor, Dudley couldn't see what was happening so he ran only to slip and land on his back as another dementor swooped over him, sucking the happiness out of him. I struggled against the dementors grip before finally managing to grab hold of my wand in my back pocket.

"Expecto Patronum!" I cast the ball of light and dropped to the floor as the dementor fluttered ungracefully away. I then turned my attention to Dudley and directed my Patronus to him also making the dementor screech and fly out of reach from my spell. I knelt down next to Dudley who was whimpering and had gone a funny colour when Mrs Figg came wheeling her trolly into the tunnel.

"Don't put your wand away Harry. They might come back," She said, making me furrow my eyebrows. I slung Dudley over my shoulder and struggled to support his weight as we stumbled back to the house alongside Mrs Figg.

"Dementors in Little Whinging, whatever next? Whole world's gone topsy-turvy.," Mrs Figg muttered

"I don't understand how did you know-" I tried to say

"Dumbledore asked me to keep an eye on you," Mrs Figg replied

"Dumbledore asked you?" I repeated.

"Mhm. After You-Know-Who killed that poor Diggory boy last year, did you expect him to let you go wandering on your own? Good Lord, boy. They told me you were intelligent. Now, get inside and stay there. Expect someone will be in touch soon. Whatever happens, don't leave the house," She then pushed Dudley and me towards my Aunt and Uncle's house before she tottered off to her own.

Diddykins? Is that you? Duddy. Vernon, come quick," Aunt Petunia sat up in a panic as Dudley and I entered the room, him slumped over on my shoulder.

"We're going to have to take him to a hospital. Who did this to you, boy?" Uncle Vernon asked as they helped him into a chair. He then raised his arm and pointed towards me

"Happy, are we, now? You've finally done it. You've finally driven him loopy," Vernon said angrily to me.

"Vernon, don't say that," Petunia chided hugging her son

"Well, just look at him, Petunia. Our boy has gone yumpy,"

"I've reached my limit, do you hear? This is the last I'm gonna take of you and your nonsense," Vernon said coming towards me as an owl flew into the room and dropped behind the couch making all the Dursley's jump back in fright. A letter fell out of the owl's mouth and fidgeted until a set of lips appeared on the letter

"Dear Mr Potter. The Ministry has received intelligence that at 6:23 this evening you performed the Patronus Charm in the presence of a Muggle. As a clear violation of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery, you are hereby expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hoping you are well, Mafalda Hopkirk," The letter then tore itself up and landed in a heap at my feet leaving me feeling winded.

"Justice," Uncle Vernon cheered. I watched from my window as he, Petunia and Dudley got into the car to drive to the hospital. I angrily kicked my drawers scaring Hedwig

"Sorry Hedwig," I sighed feeling extremely upset with myself. I then lay down on my bed and fell asleep.