Chapter 22

"Been watching them for weeks. And see, " Dumbledore's Army" proof of what I've been telling you right from the beginning, Cornelius. All your fear-mongering about You-Know-Who never fooled us for a minute. We saw your lies for what they were: A smokescreen for your bid to seize control of the Ministry," Umbridge gave Fudge the list of names as Harry, Cho and I were hauled into Dumbledore's office.

"Naturally," Dumbledore said calmly.

"No, professor. He had nothing to do with it. It was me," Harry shook his head and struggled against Percy Weasley's grip.

"Most noble of you, Harry, to shield me, but as has been pointed out the parchment clearly says "Dumbledore's Army," not "Potter's," I instructed Harry to form this organization. And I, and I alone, am responsible for its activities," Dumbledore replied.

"Dispatch an owl to the Daily Prophet. If we hurry, we should still make the morning edition. Dawlish, Shacklebolt, you will escort Dumbledore to Azkaban to await trial for conspiracy and sedition.," Fudge said as he stepped accusingly towards the headmaster.

"I thought we might hit this little snag. You seem to be labouring under the delusion that I'm going to...What was the phrase? come quietly.

Well, I can tell you this: I have no intention of going to Azkaban," Dumbledore replied, walking around his desk towards Fawkes.

"Enough of this. Take him," Umbridge snarled, they went to grab Dumbledore but just as they got near him, Fawkes let out a cry before flying above Dumbledore's head and igniting as Dumbledore brought his arms above her head and clapped. They disappeared in a flash of fire.

"Well, you may not like him, minister but you can't deny Dumbledore's got style," Shacklebolt sighed as they brushed the smoke from their clothing.