Chapter 2

I woke up to hear a slight clutter as something in the house fell to the floor, I sat up and went to grab my wand when the key in my door began to turn slowly and fall out. My door was then blast open and I blinked to get used to the bright light that filled my room, once my eyes had adjusted I noticed four figures standing in my doorway.

"Very clean, these Muggles," One of them said

"Tonks, for God's sake," I recognised the voice of Alastor Moody grumble.

"Unnatural," The female voice replied as she shone the light around my room.

"Professor Moody. What are you doing here?" I asked lowering my wand

"Rescuing you, of course," Moody replied walking out of the room.

"But where are we going? The letter said I've been expelled," I said stuffing my wand into my jean pocket.

"You haven't been. Not yet. Kingsley, you take point," Moody said opening the door letting us all out. "But the letter said-" I was cut off

"Dumbledore persuaded the minister to suspend your expulsion pending a formal hearing," The man who I assumed was Kingsley.

"A hearing?" I repeated.

"Don't worry. We'll explain everything when we get back to headquarters," A woman with purple hair said.

"Not here, Nymphadora," Moody hissed.

"Don't call me Nymphadora," She said her hair changing from purple to red then back again.

"Stay in formation, everyone. Don't break ranks if one of us is killed," Moody said as we mounted our brooms and took off into the night sky.

We landed opposite a large block of buildings and made our way quietly through a small park before standing opposite the building. Moody banged his stick against the ground and the building began to shake, it split to reveal another part of the building, number 12 Grimmauld place.

"In ya go, son," Moody said turning to me. I walked past them and opened the door standing inside for a few seconds taking it all in. Moody suddenly barged past me and made a beeline for the door at the end of the hallway with the others following. The woman who I now knew as Tonks winked at me as she walked past before tripping over an umbrella stand.

"There've been no sightings. No deaths. No proof. He almost killed Harry. If that isn't proof enough," I could hear voices arguing in the room down the end

"Yes, but guarding you-know-what is the most important," another voice said back.

"We must trust Dumbledore on this. Was he able to protect Harry last year? Well, tonight I say it's time to take action. Cornelius Fudge is a politician first and a wizard second," someone else piped in as I wandered slowly towards the open doorway

"His instinct would be to ignore it-" Someone was cut off by a voice I recognised as to be Mrs Weasley

"Keep your voices down," She hushed

"He's getting stronger and stronger by the minute. We have to act now," Moody moved out of the way and I saw Sirius sitting at the table, he looked towards the doorway and his face lit up at the sight of me. Mrs Weasley then came round through the door

"Harry," She smiled closing the door behind her and giving me a hug.

"Mrs Weasley," I smiled

"Thank heavens, you're all right. Bit peaky, but I'm afraid dinner will wait until after the meeting's finished. Nope. No time to explain. Straight upstairs, first door on the left. Yeah," She directed me up the stairs before heading back into the other room.

"Mudblood, werewolves, traitors, thieves. If my poor mistress knew the scum they let into her house what would she say to old Kreacher? Oh, the shame," A small, old, grumpy-looking house-elf was dragging a crate towards a hanging frame that was covered by a sheet.

"Freaks," I heard the picture speak

"There, there, mistress," The elf said standing up on the box and wiping it with a dirty rag.

"Scum of the earth. Not like it was in the days of my fathers," the picture spoke again as I made my way to the other set of stairs.

"Kreacher is here," The elf said as I turned my back and headed towards the door that Mrs Weasely had pointed me to. I opened the door only to have my vision blocked by a mess of unruly hair that I knew to belong to Hermione.

"Oh Harry," She has said as she flung her arms around me, I stumbled a little before half-heartedly returning the hug.

"Are you alright? We overheard them talking about the Dementor attack. You must tell us everything," Hermione said quickly

"Let the man breathe, Hermione," Ron said from the other side of the room.

"And this hearing at the Ministry. It's just outrageous. I've looked it up. They simply can't expel you. It's completely unfair,"

"Yeah. There's a lot of that going around at the moment," I nodded before taking a good look at the room we were in.

"So, what is this place?" I asked my two friends.

"It's headquarters," Ron replied

"Of the Order of the Phoenix. It's a secret society. Dumbledore formed it back when they fought You-Know-Who," Hermione added

"Couldn't have put any of this in a letter, I suppose? I've gone all summer without a scrap of news," I said annoyed.

"We wanted to write, mate. Really, we did. Only-" Ron began

"Only what?" I asked

"Only Dumbledore made us swear not to tell you anything," Hermione answered quickly looking sympathetic.

"Dumbledore said that? But why would he keep me in the dark? Maybe I could help. I'm the one who saw Voldemort return the one who fought him, who saw Cedric Diggory get killed," I ranted as the Weasley twins suddenly appeared in the room next to me.

"Harry," They said

" Thought we heard your dulcet tones. Don't bottle it up, though, mate. Let it out. If you're all done shouting," George trailed off

"Do you wanna hear something a little more interesting?" Fred finished.