Chapter 28

Aurora's POV

After Harry and Hermione had left with the stupid pink puff of a woman, the rest of us were left to the Inquisitorial Squad. Ron was arguing with Crabbe and Goyle over in the corner which had grabbed the attention of the others and so I sagged back against Draco.

"What's wrong?" He whispered

"You do realise my friends and I have to break out of here and go help Harry," I sighed. I felt him tense behind me

"Yes, I know that. Do you really have to go though?" He asked and I laughed slightly

"Well yeah, Harry's my brother. He needs me," Draco was silent for a moment, I then felt him move and he began dragging me out of Umbridge's office.

"Malfoy, where are you going?" Goyle asked

"Stay here," Draco replied before shutting the door behind him and pulling me into the nearest room, which turned out to be a small broom closet. We stood opposite each other in the small space and he pulled out his wand and the room lit up.

"You say Harry needs you, but what if someone else needs you too? But they're staying here at school while you go off on another adventure and make the front page of the Daily Prophet,"

"What on earth are you talking about Draco?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow

"You're leaving because Harry needs you. But what if I told you that I needed you too? Would you stay?" I looked at the blonde boy in surprise.

"You need me?" I repeated and he nodded, looking me right in the eyes. I swallowed and went to reply

"Draco, he's my brother. Practically the only blood family I have left and this is a family emergency so of course, I'm going to go with him," He looked down at his shoes

"But, that doesn't mean that I won't be there if YOU need me," I watched as a small smile appeared on the Slytherin's face.

"This is just something that I have to do," I added.

"I know it is I just-" Draco was cut off as a loud bang sounded from down the corridor, I opened the closet door and watched as my friends were racing down the stairs. I turned around to see Draco watching with sad eyes

"I'll be back. You know I will," I said with a small smile. He nodded and I grabbed his hand, I then stood on my tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek. I went to walk away but his grip remind firm on my hand,

"Draco wha-" he cut me off as he pulled into him and wrapped one hand around my waist and the other cupped my neck, before I knew what was happening I felt his soft lips on mine. My eyes went wide and I leaned into him as they closed. He went to pull away but my hand grabbed his tie and pulled him back in for another kiss. This time both of his hands were on my waist, pulling me closer and closer to him, even though I couldn't actually get any closer. My hands went up and around his chest and shoulders before resting lightly on the base of his neck. Forget fireworks, there was a bomb going off in my stomach, the feeling of his hands on my waist was enough to make my knees grow weak as I craved his touch. We pulled away when we needed air to breathe and he rested his forehead against mine, I could feel his chest heaving as my hands slipped down from around his neck. I bit my lip as I tried to contain the huge grin that was about to break out across my entire face.

"Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting to do that," He whispered.

"Probably for as long as I've wanted you to do that," I replied and he stood up to his full height and looked at me in surprise.

"Oh really?" He asked, smirking and raising his eyebrows at me.

"Maybe," I shrugged, giving him a small smile.

"Thank god," He grinned and started laughing.

"You absolutely have to come back now," he whispered

"I will, I promise," I nodded, resting my head on his chest.

"Good, because I really can't lose you now," He replied, kissing my forehead. I hummed, enjoying the feeling of his arms around me.

"I really have to go,"

"I know you do. I'll be waiting for you when you get back," I pulled away from him and smiled

"Good,"

"Be careful okay?" His face contorting into one of concern

"I'll be fineeee, it's me," I laughed.

"That's what I'm worried about," He teased

"Hey!" I said, pretending to be offended. He leaned down and gave me another soft kiss, I smiled against his lips.

"You're making it very difficult for me to leave you know that," I felt him nod and he pulled me closer again, deepening the kiss.

"Draco I need to go, we can continue this when I get back," I smiled pulling away.

"Well I look forward to it," He grinned, a light blush on his cheeks.

"Me too," I grinned back, before rushing down the stairs after my friends. The feeling of Draco's lips on mine made my lips tingle and I smiled to myself, and I felt myself go red at the thought of a certain blonde Slytherin waiting for me to return.

I had finally caught up to my friends as I saw them running along the bridge towards Harry and Hermione!

"Rory, there you are!" Ginny exclaimed as they saw us

"Where did Malfoy drag you off to?" Ron asked, I felt my cheeks go red and I grinned a little.

"Oh god no," Ron whined

"Shut up," I laughed, before turning my attention to Harry, who didn't look super pleased about the fact that I had been alone with Draco and the fact that I looked so happy about it, and Hermione who gave me a cheeky grin and a look that said ' tell me everything later' I nodded and rolled my eyes.

"So how are we getting to London?" Neville asked as we returned to the matter at hand.

"Look, it's not that I don't appreciate everything you've done, all of you but I've got you into enough trouble as it is," Harry replied and once again I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness.

"Dumbledore's Army's supposed to be about doing something real. Or was that all just words to you?" Neville replied, I raised my eyebrows at Harry and nodded.

"Maybe you don't have to do this all by yourself, mate," Ron added.

"So how are we getting to London then?" Harry asked. I could see the excitement in everyone's eyes at his agreement of their help.

"We fly of course," Luna smiled dreamily.