Chapter 1:

My head is pounding at every second. I dig my index finger and middle finger into my left temple. Using the other hand to steer.

Almost to school. Make that almost to hell. I sped down the road until I saw Bridge-Moore High School. I found a parking spot and grabbed my purse out of the passenger seat and my backpack.

I stomped up to the glass double doors and watched kids stumble around the halls. I shoved passed them until I got to my locker. I punched everything in and felt my headache ease a little.

I turn around to see the jocks. But as much as I hate them, my boyfriend is one of them. They stammered on about dumb football practice and hot 'chicks'. I brought up enough courage to face them. "Hey, Alex." I said with a fake smile. He whipped around and studied me head to toe.

One of the shorter boys leaned in to Alex's ear whispering, "Who is she?". I was offended. Alex didn't talk about me at least one little bit? "One second boys." Alex grabbed my wrist and pulled me down the hall. His black sleek hair was parted and his brown eyes filled with anger. He shoved me up against a locker and looked at me dead in the eye.

"Crissy if I haven't told you once I've told you a million times, don't talk to me at shool!" he stressed. I stuttered across words. "I'm sorry." I whispered. He picked up his right fist and clenched it. "I don't believe you." he whispered. I closed my eyes tight until I heard a smack.

I was so afraid it was a smack against my skin and bones but no, I felt no pain. I flung my eyes open and watched Alex swing around to another boy's face. He didn't look familiar, not that tall but definitely not short. "Leave her alone." he snapped to Alex.

My body stiffened. Alex hesitated and pushed the boy back to have the ability to run to the jocks. Where he would be protected. Now just me and this boy stood silently in the hall. His eyes were crisp brown and hair was darker colored that stuck up in the front.

He didn't stay long. He just looked at me weary and then disappeared into the crowd of kids. I was still in shock. Alex had never gotten slapped upside the head before. Especially for abusing a girl. I didn't exactly like this boy. He seemed too rough for my league.

I pulled up my sweater sleeve to reveal the purple bruise on my arm. I cringed at the memory of it. I quickly rolled it back down and headed to the bathroom. I passed several people but not the boy who saved me.

I reach the bathroom where girls gossiped and giggled. I wasn't one of those types of girls. I found a spot where I could examine myself. My eyes were bright blue. My hair was a caramel color that fell across my shoulders almost touching my belly button.

I stared at my imperfect makeup and my full looking lips. A little blonde girl popped up in the mirror behind me. Her face showed her prissy personality. "Wow. Way to cause a scene out there!" she clapped with sarcasm. I rolled my doll eyes and faced her. "Thank you, I'm thinking of being an actress. But honey, that wasn't fake." I snap and then cut between two other girls.

The blonde girl gripped my arm right on my bruise. My eyes widened and my feet stopped. I cracked my head around and looked at her with fury. "So, Alex is available?" she chuckled. I had her now. "Oh yes. He's available. Have fun with him. But when it's over, don't come crying to me, blondie." I smirked and smacked her hand off my arm.

I stormed out of the bathroom and felt warm tears trickle down my cheeks. Alex and I were really over. I know I should be happy but I wasn't. Instead, my heart shattered into a million pieces. I cried silently and wiped away my tears. I rushed to 1 period, looking for the boy.
1 Period- English Mr. Phill
I sat quietly in a desk I honestly didn't want to be in. I shuffled my papers around until I found my homework. I tossed it on Mr. Phill's desk on top of other homework. "Aha. Miss Bradford. You do have your homework?" he stared at the paper in front of him.