Chapter 26:

I smile weakly and feel tears build up. "I definitely won't treat you like Alex did." he says abruptly. "I'm ready!" Jenna yells over the railing. I jump up and watch her and Ella come downstairs.

"Okay let's go." I take their hands. "Bring Liam!" Ella tugged on my arm. My eyes met up with Liam's. "I'll see you there." he smiles and walks off. I nod and take the girls to the car.

"So Jenna how was class?" I ask while starting the car. "Good. I'm glad you got to take me. Is that boy your boyfriend?" she asks. My knuckles turn white. "Um, no he's not. Just a really really good friend." I say with assurance.

Back at the house, I take the girls inside. "How was class Jenna?!" Marie hugged Jenna tight. I helped Ella in and set he coat on the table. "Thank you again for taking them." Marie thanked me for the third time. "It's fine. I have a friend coming over." I check my phone.

"Who's the friend?" she asks and gives Rosy to Dillon. "Just a good friend. Liam."
"A boy?"
"It's not like that." I tell her with stern eyes. "We're just best friends." I say and go off to my room.

*knock knock* at my bedroom door. "Come in Liam." I toss my phone on my bed. Liam walks in and shuts the door. "What's that?" Liam snatches my phone. "No!" I jump from the bed to on his back.

"oohh you have a text." Liam teased and opened it. "Liam!!" I reach constantly for my phone. "Hey baby want to get...back together. Today was cra..." Liam goes from fun and excited to depressed and shocked. He pushes me off his back and onto the bed.

"Here's your phone." he throws the phone on my bed. "Liam please listen!" I stand and grab his arm. "Don't leave me!" I cry with hot tears covering my face. I fall to the ground knowing that Liam would probably never talk to me again.

"I'm not leaving. I'm simply..." Liam's eyes filled with water and he sniffled. "You're simply leaving me. You can't leave me here, I need you." I stand up and wipe the tears off my face. "You still love Alex! How am I supposed to be with you knowing that he is still in your life?" he shuts the door and comes to me.

"I hate to leave you but this isn't going to work out. I don't think we should hang anymore. I'll see you around, Crissy." he says with tears now racing down his face. He turns and leaves the room. I now felt empty, weak, and lost. I was in shock so no words escaped my mouth.

Just tears streaming from every each way.