Chapter 4:

I watched him wipe it away and watch kids get treated with wraps and bandages. "One second," my aunt left the bed and out the door. I hopped down and sat beside Liam.

"Hey," I mumbled. "Are you okay?" I ask. "No." he replied. "Why?" I examined everything but his lip. "I couldn't help you. I'm so sorry twinkle toes." he smiled and looked at my converse with diamond studs on the sides.

"Thanks. And I'm fine my aunt overreacts sometimes." I laugh. He let out a chuckle and stared off into space. "We should hang sometime." I break the laughing. He grinned, "I'd like that twinkle toes." he stood and straightened his jacket. This is our longest conversation. I couldn't stop smiling inside.

"Get well soon." he nods and leaves the room. "You too..." I say quietly. My aunt returns with a bandage and wrap. "Sorry, Emily had my stuff." she shook her head and sprawled out her things. "Hop up." she tells me to get on the bed.

I nod and climb up. "Okay a wrap on the arm," she must've noticed me bruise. "Bandage on the bash on the side of your head. And...strip on your nose." she stood back, staring at my fixes. "Now, I'll call your mother and she'll be here soon." I nod as she leaves to get the phone.

I close my eyes then blink them open when I hear a low voice. I turn my head to the door, Alex. Just who I feared. "Excuse me! I think I broke my shin." he yelled. My aunt quickly came out with the phone pressed up against her ear.

"I don't think it's possible to break a shin." Emily, another nurse, explained to Alex. "What if you have on converse and you kick the crap outta someone?." his eyes rolled off to focus on me. I didn't pay attention. Emily led him to the back where they had more private rooms.

"Your mom is on her way, go get your books." I got off the bed and walked out of the office. I didn't see Liam anywhere but was eager to get home. I rushed to my locker and poured my books into my bag. I slung it across my shoulder and hopped to the door.

Then I remembered I could drive home! I pulled out my cell as dialed my mom. "Hello?"
"Mom! Hey I'll just drive home."
"Honey, I'm scared about you driving home."
"Don't worry I'll be home in 10." I ended the call and found my car through the parking lot. I climbed in and set my stuff in the passenger seat. I started the car and I realized someone, probably Alex, wrote on my car. "Insecure Retard." I rolled my eyes. With one flick, I cleaned my windshield and left the lot.

I drove with music playing. I didn't bother to sing along since my face hurt to move. I road down the streets and past lights. Finally, my house awaited in front of me.