Chapter 32:

The sun peeked through my window, hitting me directly in the eyes. my room looked dim and felt warm. I slowly sat up and pushed back my hair. It was 5:15 am. I noticed Brandon wasn't laying with me anymore, just a blank space.

I tossed my phone to the side and got up. I hear chatting downstairs from the balcony. But I cant hear everything they're saying. "She's only....protect...anymore...stay away." I wonder what they're talking about. They hear me from the balcony.

"Morning." I mumble as if I just came out from my room. Dillon and Brandon look at me seriously. With eyes fit to kill. "What did I do this time?" I ask with a huff at the end.

"Nothing." Dillon says shortly. "What were you guys talking-" before I finish I see Brandon looking at me with sorrow. As if something was about to slip from Dillion's mouth that would change my life forever. "I'm sorry Crissy, but we think it's best if you stay away from Liam. He's a bad influence." he says abruptly.

My heart shatters and I feel as if the pieces fall to my feet, making my steps drag. "You can't do this! This isn't your decision!" I scream with rage following after. I hit the counter hard and feel my face get hot. "We're only trying to protect you." Dillon adds.

"Protect me?! You honestly think this is protecting me?! Alex is the problem, Dillon! Not Liam, he protects me." I say with fury. "You can't stop me from seeing him. You don't know what I've been through I'm not afraid to do anything else." I cry.

"I've already told him no more seeing you or things will be handled by me." Dillon says with no affection. I cut the corner and stand in front of him. "Go ahead, make my life a living hell. Burn me and make me miserable." I say and stomp off.

I run to my room and slam the door hard enough to make my pictures shiver. "He can't do this..." I repeat in my mind as I stare at the necklace. I scurry for my phone and call Liam.
"Crissy, I can't talk." he answers. "Yes, you can. I don't know about you but I'm fighting for this relaionship. Dillon isn't going to stop me, no one is." I say with a weak, shaky voice.

"Okay. I was never going to stop loving you anyways." his raspy voice says. I smile a little. "Right, bye." I end. Tears still fiercely ran down my face. What if Liam didn't want to go against my idiot brother? *knock knock* my eyes widen.

"Crissy?" a deep voice echoes. "Who is it?"
"Not dream crusher." it was Brandon. "Come in." he walks in and closes the door behind him. "I'm sorry. It really wasn't anything to do with me. Brandon always makes the decisions. You know I love to see you happy. He thinks it's best if we take Liam from you because after Alex, he can't trust anyone." Brandon explains.

"It's fine." I say shortly. "So you understand? He's only doing it to protect you." I nod and Brandon leaves.

If only he knew what was turning in my head, he'd clearly know I didn't understand.