Chapter 31:

Liam and Zoe dropped me back off at my house. I was so happy but so tired. Liam hugged me bye and I went quickly inside. My mom wasn't home, of course. But my brothers weren't either. I walk quickly to the door.

I unlocked the door and scurried into my house. I watched her little Avalon drive away and my heart fluttered seeing Liam in the passenger seat. I hurried upstairs after locking the door back. I was now in my room. I stood silently in front of my mirror.

Admiring the silver chain necklace hanging from my neck. I looked a little closer and noticed something was written on it.
9-16-14
Was carved across it. The actual charm itself was a heart. I smiled at the date, it was the day he saved me from that idiot, Alex. Also known as the day we met. I check my phone and it's 6:15 pm.

I was so tired though. I stumble into my bathroom and hit the shower. It takes me at least an hour. But this time, I was scared. I stand against the shower wall, water dripping down my back. My hair soaking wet and pulled back behind my shoulders.

My eyes turned grey as I stared at my feet, thinking. My mouth now in a thin line. I think of if this was all a joke. No ones actually loved me before. Not actual love that is. I hear the door open and close, Brandon must be home. I still stand quietly.

What if Liam really didn't love me, it was all just a lie. I don't think it is but just what if. My door opens and shuts. I start to get worried. I stay in the shower, unable to move. But my hand slowly moves to the handle and the water drips, then stops completely.

I reach for my tole and wrap it around me. "Hello?" I say with a shaky voice. I remembered I locked my bathroom door so I should be okay if it wasn't Brandon. *knock knock* my heart stops. I take a deep breath and grab my t-shirt off the toilet.

I put it on after my bra. The knocking continues. I put on my panties and shorts then dry my hair with the towel. My shaking hand reaches for the knob. I push it open, revealing Brandon. "Bradon! You scared me!" I yell and slap him on his arm.

"Sorry! Little brat." he scrunched up his nose. I shove past him into my room. "You're lucky I saved you from 'Mr. know it all'" Brandon stated while following me.

Before I could say another word, he noticed the necklace on my dresser. "What's this?" he held it in the light and read the date. "A necklace Liam got for me." I snap and slap it from his hand. "Oh yeah how'd you like that by the way? The whole princess thing, I helped plan it." he says proudly.

"It was great. More than great, like magnificent." I say while remembering everything. Brandon smiled. "I'm glad to see my sister happy." I couldn't help but get watery eyes. Brandon is the only one who knows that I've been to hell and back. He knows that I've been tortured and abused.

"Thank you, Brandon. For everything. For putting up with my bratty attitude and my endless cries for help." I sit on the bed and stare at him closely. Letting him know I was serious. "I don't say this as often as I should but, I love you." he sits beside me.

"I love you too." I hug him tightly. Being with Liam was great and all but nothing separates the true love of siblings. No matter how obnoxious he was.