Chapter 23:

I break free from the awkward moment and smile weakly. "I'll see you later." Liam slides his hands in his jean pockets. Niall joins him. "Yah see ya later." Niall mimics Liam but adds a wink.

I laugh and wink back. I see Niall whisper something to Liam, and Liam chuckles. I roll my eyes and go to my locker. But my hands start shaking. I feel little and weak. I push my books into my locker and turn slightly. Alex. I turn back to my locker.

"Yeah, I know it was epic." he chuckles with the jocks. I roll my eyes and pull out my English book. "Aha!" Alex snarls and comes to me. "Leave." I snap and close my locker. "Last night was fun, we should do it again." my eyes squint and I fierce-fully walk away.

"Hard to get." Alex mumbles and they head to class. I walk into first period and see no empty seats. "Oh, miss Bradford, unfortunately, we have no more desks left. Go down to the office and tell them we have a new student." my jaw drops with disappointment.

I slam my books down on the back table and storm out of the room. In the hall, I see Liam standing lonely in the hall. "Hey." I say and cut the corner with him. "Why are you out here? Aren't you supposed to be in class?" he asks.

I shake my head, "They don't have room for me, gotta get another desk." He nods. "Hey, why are you out here?" I ask him. "I guess you could say there-" before he finished, he noticed the handprint on my arm. Then the bruise on my face.

"W-what did he do?" he asks with shock. I look at him with watery eyes. "I called you. I needed you, Liam." I told him. His eyes got watery. "I know. I needed to stop being so immature and should've come for you. I'm so sor-"
"It's okay, Liam. Trust me, I would've done the same thing in your situation." I reassured him.

"Let's go somewhere." he huffed while starting us on a path down the hall. "Like where? In the middle of school?" I ask strangely. "Yeah, I mean I guess. We'll be back by lunch." he shrugged.

"Okay, let's go." I gave in and we rushed down to the main entrance. "Too easy. Follow me." Liam whispered. I followed him down an empty hall to a janitors closet. It was covered with rags, mops, brooms, water pails, and liquids.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He showed me that behind a coat rack, there was an emergency exit. We pushed it open and I felt the cold breeze fill me.

"Okay my car is over here." he led me down around the school and we got into his car. "Sweet. Okay, ditching school." he smiles. He starts the car and we start driving. "Where are we going?" I ask.
"Hmm. Starbucks?" he asks. I grin, "Duh!"