Too Much- Christen Press

If your a girl, you've definitely experienced a bad period. Maybe even you're worst period. Where it's heavy and your cramps are just awful.

You feel gross, you looks gross. You're just not thriving.

Well that's me today. Not thriving. Cramping. Today isn't the best day at all to have this happening. We have the semi-finals for the OLYMPICS, and I'm practically dying.

I start sobbing over..nothing. Why am I crying?

"Oh Jesus lord." I hear Kelley say handing me my Ibuprofen along with the chocolate I wanted. I don't care if its unhealthy and 4 hours before one of the most important games of my young career. I wanted it.

I gulp down my water trying to swallow the pills. I've never been good at swallowing so that's why I date girls. Just kidding, just kidding. Jokes.

Eventually I get them down and eat my donut quickly. Kelley is sitting there staring at me, trying not to laugh. She lets out a laugh and I get sad.

I feel like she's making fun of me.

"Stop!" I yell out and start sobbing again. Kelley walks over and rubs my back.

"Where is Christen Press when you need her?" I hear her whisper.

Christen happens to be my baby. My lover. She's my world. I wonder where she is.

"Get Christen please." I say wiping my tears.

"She's out with Alex, Mal, Rose, and Sam." Kelley reminds me and I wipe the last tear. That makes me fee better knowing she's with my besties. Sam and Rose.

"Your gonna be okay for tonight right?" Kelley asks and I nod.

"Going to have to be. I want to play." I say and rub my stomach. "Even through these awful cramps."

"Well if you don't feel good while playing out there, tell Vlatko please." Kelley says and I nod.

"Ok Mom."

....
Game time.

"Okay girls. Let's put everything into this game. Were gonna go with Megan, Y/N, and Carli at the top to start. Lindsey, Julie, and Rose on midfield. And Kelley, Becky, Abby, and Crystal for our back. Alyssa in goal. Let's go to Tokyo girls. Go win it for the girl the your right." Vlatko says and we all nod and get loud.

"Hey baby." Christen says pulling me back out of the huddle. She grabs my cheeks. "Your gonna do great okay? If anything hurts the whole time please don't push it." She says and I nod. Of course I'm going to push it. I don't want to go out.

"I promise Chris." I say and she kisses my lips softly.

"Let's go get this." She whispers and pushes me a little as a joke back into the huddle. I giggle and we start to walk into the tunnel as a group.

I line up with my kid and hold his hand. He looks up and smiles at me. I smile back and I talk to him until the Mexican Anthem plays.

We stand there and let it play. I move my hand to my heart for the American Anthem.

This is going to be a hard game for me.

....

We're up 3-0 when my cramps start getting worse. I feel gross. I'm done. But I don't wanna go out at all.

I feel lightheaded too from not drinking enough water. Luckily one of the Mexican players goes down so our staff runs out with water.

Carli hands me and water and gives me a look. Like a look that says "drink it". I listen a take a bunch of little sips.

Our staff collects all the water again and I feel sick. Just from the cramps and everything.

I look over at the bench. Tobin sees me and taps Christen. Christen looks at me and puts a thumbs up and I shake my head no.

She puts her thumbs up again not getting the message. I jog back into position.

The Mexican player kicks it to Becky and Becky settles it, playing it to Rose. I jog up farther, studying onside.

Rose plays the ball threw to Megan and Megan crosses it. I shoot it but the goalie makes and incredible save.

I jog back and feel lightheaded on the way back. I squat and move my jersey over my head. I hear the final whistle blow. I know it's not the end of the game though. I fall on my back and try to shield my eyes from the light.

"Put this on her head!" I hear one of our staff say. I feel a cold thing touch my head.

"Chris, can you put this gel on her lower stomach area. I don't want her feeling uncomfortable." I hear a trainer say. I feel soft hands touch my shorts and reach down them and they massage my cramps.

It literally felt so good. What the hell. My teammates helped me sit up and I rested my head in Christens chest. She rubbed my arms and I groaned.

"It was too much. I should've stopped." I whisper and the girls laugh.

"No shit." Sonnet says and everyone laughs again. Including me.

"I love you." Chris whispers and I tap her 3 times signaling I love you too.

I open my eyes and smile at her.

"K lovebirds. Let's go get showers and celebrate!" Crystal says and we all start cheering.

Suddenly, I feel a little better.