We're Back

Chapter One

Riley's P.O.V.

"Two more years left." I smile as I stand outside the school with my hair flowing in the wind. "Just two more years..."

"Unfortunately, those two years aren't over yet." Maya sighed as she walked past me and then turned back. "You coming?"

"You Betcha." I heard Chase say as he walked in front of me into school. "You coming?"

"I might as well make an appearance." Lucas says as him and Zay walk on front of me.

"You coming?" Zay asks.

"Do we even have a choice?" Smackle smiles as her and Farkle walk in front of me.

"You coming?" Farkle winks at me as they walk toward the front door.

"I guess I am." I smile as I walk in.

Wow, you are a Junior now Riley. Two more years and College! To be honest, a feeling of relief descends upon me knowing that Dad probably won't be my teacher anymore. But then again, Feeny was his teacher his whole life so can really say anything. Plus, ever since Dad became Principal, and found out Mom was having another kid, he's been really on edge. Like, man on drugs edge. But, that's Cory Matthews for ya.

"Okay, Riley." Maya said as she locked arms with me. "We gonna gonna rock Junior Year."

"Only without all the drama from last year." Chase said.

Everyone turned to Lucas. "I rode Kingda Ca for you guys. Or do we need to bring up Coachella?"

Chase cocked and eyebrow and smirked, "Point taken."

Smackle locked with my other arm. "I'm so sad I couldn't be here with you guys over summer."

"It's fine." I reassured her. "How was Long Beach Island?"

"I mean, you can only go to the beach so many times." She chuckled.

"You right." Maya said in a Jersey Shore accent.

"So what's everybody's first period?" Zay asked.

We all stopped to take out our schedules. And to our surprise, guess who we have first period.

"Mr. Matthews reclaimed first period for me." Lucas chuckled.

"Wait, I have Mr. Falls again." I said.

"Same." Chase said.

Maya quickly opened hers. "I have Mr.  Falls." She sighed.

"I have Ms. Ruiz for Chem..." Farkle sighed.

"I have Mr. Falls." Zay said.

"I have him too." Smackle said.

Wow. We don't all have first period together. This is a major first.

"This is okay, I mean, we shouldn't have thought that we'd be together for first period forever." Zay explained.

I shrugged. "I know, maybe we have something else together!" I smiled.

We quickly compared all of our schedules. We all have Gym, Lunch, and Algebra 2 together. Okay, that's not bad. I have two electives with Maya, one with Lucas, and one with Farkle and Chase.

"Okay guys, just because we might not be together all the time doesn't mean we can't make this friendship work." I smiled. "We took on the first two years of High School together and we can do the same even if we aren't together all the time."

I hope we can.