Girl Meets Five Years Later...

Chapter One

Riley's P.O.V.

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" I hear an alarm ring.

I swear alarm clocks always trigger me. Cause despite the fact that today is technically the first day of summer and I should be happy to wake up. I'm not because this sound makes me wanna just toss my clock right out the window. But I can't be too mad cause I'm the one who set it to that time.

"For why???" I hear my roommate/ best friend call out. "Riley it's... 8am and it's Saturday, AND it's summer. Why is your alarm set for 8 in the morning? I don't even let my manager call me that early."

Maya never really was a morning person.

I sighed. "Because my Mom wanted me to go down to the law firm and help her with her new marketing."

"Look at you helping Mama Matthews out." Maya said as she continued to toss and turn in her bed. "But she has three other kids to help her at home, and your Dad."

She ain't wrong.

"You ain't wrong." I sigh.

Maya sighed louder than I just did as she sits up in her bed. "Welp, I'm up now so I might as well go with you. I haven't seen your Mom is ages."

"She'd love that, but she's definitely gonna ask you to promote her firm on your story." I chuckle

I hear her hum in thought as I turn on the main light in our room. When we got the apartment, we decided that we should share a room so we can be more like the sisters we already are. On the bright side the room is pretty big with couches, pillows, and decked out to the tea.

Part of me is secretly loving Her and Chase spoiling our decoration habit.

"And I am totally okay with that, my fans can get a little rough on Twitter every now and then. So she might actually come in handy."  She smiled as she stood up and walked out of the room into the living room.

I quickly grabbed my phone and followed her in there.

"Plus, it'll give me an excuse to see my Dad too. Apparently he's trying to run for superintendent of the district, Mom says he's been a little on edge because of it." I say as I look in the fridge, hoping to see some bagel of any kind.

Maya laughed, "Cory Matthews? On edge? Oof, that'll definitely be funny."

Then I hear our front door open, I immediately turn to it ready to see who the hell was coming in. And that's when I see Chase peeking through the door with his eyes closed.

"Are you ladies both decent?" He asks.

"Yes Chase." We both answer in unison.

He immediately opens his eyes and walks in. "Perfect, I learned my lesson from last time."

"Hey, some times smoking a joint in the nude in your apartment is actually pretty freeing." I smile thinking back on the great moment, right before Chase bursted in without knocking.

"Well I just wanted to stop by before I head to work, cause seeing you every morning is my favorite thing to do." He says to Maya.

She blushes, "Awe, 5 years later and you're still the perfect boyfriend. Who would've thought?" She smiled as she kisses him, then it became time for me to shield my eyes.

I stand up to go to the living room, "Oh gosh, lemme go get ready before you guys take it to third base in front of me."

But right before I leave the room, my phone rings, and my Dad's name pops up.

Without thinking I answer it.

"Hello, Dad." I say. "What's up?"

"Uh, Riley," I hear him say, slightly sad, over the phone. "You gotta, um, grab Maya and Chase and head over... something bad has happened."

Oh gosh, what's wrong. "Is everything okay? We were about to head over anyway?"

"Not really." I hear him say as the tears are obviously swelling up on his end. "Mr. Feeny, he's gone."