HIGH School

Chapter Nine

Farkle's P.O.V.

Lucas, Smackle, Zay, and I have been waiting in the hallway waiting for Maya, Riley, and Chase for the longest time. I know New York has its fair share of traffic, but this is ridiculous.

"They said they were on their way 15 minutes ago and no response from any of them." Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Traffic?" I said, hoping he'd side with me.

He shook his head at me.

"Okay, maybe not." I cringed.

Zay then started to sniff the air. "What smells like bud?"

I look around, even though I've never done it, I damn sure know what it smells like. We turn around to see Riley, Maya, and Chase all laughing as they walked towards us. They're laughing pretty hard. And their eyes are pretty red. Oh... wait.

I looked over at Lucas and I saw that his face turned bright red.

Lucas' P.O.V.

"Are you guys actually fucking kidding me?" I almost yelled. I immediately turned my attention to Chase.

He looked at me with a serious face, but then broke out into laughter. "What?"

"What do you mean what?" I say. "You guys are all obviously not well and right before school too?"

"It's finnnnnneee." Riley said. "I'm not even that high."

I looked at Zay, he shrugged at me. By the time I looked back at Riley, she was sitting down leaning up against the lockers... slowly falling asleep. I'd be more worried about someone saying something, but a handful of students do the same thing before school starts.

"Maya, Chase, are you Two not aware her father is in charge of this building?" I say.

It must have finally clicked because both their eyes opened wide and the red slowly started to disappear from their eyes.

"Chase!" Maya yelled in a whisper.

"Um... Maya!" Chase yelled back in a whisper.

"Don't you dare try to put this on me."

"You're her bestest friend, you should have stopped her from lighting it." Chase said.

"Your the one who just casually had three blunts rolled in her arm rest!"

Chase opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Riley standing up.

"Okay, how long was I out?" She asked.

I pretended to look at my watch. "About a minute."

"Fun stuff."

Later that day, Zay and I walked to lunch. But food was the furthest thing from my mind right now. Why is Riley starting to do these things? Am I the cause? How do I stop her from going further? To many questions circling in my head, I've never been this confused. The confusing part of my life was supposed to be over, but it's like someone ordered about two more books about me being confused.

I sat down at our table. Zay joined me and Farkle and Smackle joined too. I looked around the cafeteria. Riley, Maya, and Chase were no where in sight. I sighed as I pushed my lunch forward and put my head in my arms on the table.