Things Have Been Different

Chapter Fifteen

Lucas' P.O.V.

As Riley and I laid down on my bed and looked at my ceiling, I realized truly how many thoughts have been going through my mind.

"Have you started looking at colleges yet?" I asked.

I felt her shrug. "Kinda, but I don't know which school would be the best for me."

"Most people don't." I say. "That's why my parents are making me apply to multiple." I said as I sat up.

"But who cares anyway? We dont have to start applying until Senior Year starts." Riley said. "We have time to figure out what we want."

"But time goes by fast now on days. Especially since you're high for most of them now." I say quietly, while looking through my drawers.

Even though I said what I said quietly, I could feel Riley's stare burning holes in my shirt.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked.

"Nothing." I sigh as I begin to change my shirt.

"No no, you said it, so tell me what you meant by it." Riley got in front of me and pushed the dresser closed behind her, all while not breaking eye contact.

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. Like she's turned into a stoner version on Maya. Certain things she has been doing annoys me, but when she does things like this... it's kinda hot. But I'll never tell her that.

"All I'm saying is that you've been more worried about your "special pen" in your bag then you have been about anything else." I say.

"Oh my god why are you and Farkle up my ass constantly." She rolled her eyes as she moved from by me. "Like forreal, my grades are the same, my parents are clueless, my skin and hair have been been better, and... I don't feel like everyone's goodie goodie friend anymore."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I grab my car keys. "I'm kinda tired. Ima take you home."

She grabbed her bag off the floor. "Don't worry. I'll walk." She said as she blew past me out the door.

Maybe it is just me. Am I overreacting? I don't think I am. Then again, I never really dated anyone like her before. Maybe I'm just bring overprotective. I don't even know anymore.

Riley's P.O.V.

Going home that night, I really questioned a lot. But I still didn't know what to do.

So I called up Maya and Chase.

"Do you guys think things have changed?" I asked them as we sat on my bay window.

They both thought to them selfs.

"Well," Maya began. "I do think things have gotten a little shaky between all of us lately."

"But, Farkle, Smackle, and Lucas are all overreacting the way I see it." Chase said. "I get it why there worried and all but they really shouldn't be reacting the way they have been."

"But... they are just looking out for us. Maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt." Maya intervened. "I just don't like the energy recently."

I raised an eyebrow. "Maya, talking about energy now?" I said sarcastically.

Chase, catching my drift, pretended to shudder. "Things really are different now."

The three of us laughed. Even though we talked seriously now and then, I like  that we can still find the time to joke around every now and then.

I sighed. "I want things to go back to normal too." I looked at Chase and Maya. "Maybe... we should stop with the "puff puff" stuff for a while."

Maya nodded. "I'd be down."

Chase nodded as well. "I'd be down too, it's time for things to change. I miss everyone low key."

"Me too." I smiled.

Right after I said that, I heard my door burst open. I turned around to see my Dad there. It looked like he was worried, and had been sweating. Auggie came running in behind him.

"Guys... it's time." Dad said while panting.

I laughed. Then I realized what "It's time" could be code for.

"No way." I said.

"Way!!!!!" Auggie said. "I'm gonna be a big brother!"

Hey guys! Girl Meets the Future is officially back! I haven't updated for a while because I didn't know where I wanted to take the book and because if my other projects at them time taking the majority of my freetime. But, with Girl Meets World getting popular again (for low key the wrong reasons lol) I got inspired to finish the Junior Year portion of this book, which will have six to seven more chapters. I might do a Senior Year part but idk yet so we'll find out how I'm feeling in a few.

In the meantime get all caught up! Read, vote, comment, and share & new chapters come every week or so!