The New Queen Part I

~IF I was ever to put a vivid image of what I picture Rhea as, it would be the girl above.~

Eden's POV

~10 years old~

"Stop running Eva!" To no use because my older sister is lightning on her feet, she kept laughing as she threw my plush toy to Jeremiah, the oldest of the Van den Berg siblings. They were inseparable almost acted like twins, their age difference was just one year which explains their closeness.

My cheeks were getting red as I ran after my older siblings, sweat itching on my forehead and forearms.

"Jeremiah, you come here right now!" My father's voice echoed through the garden instantly putting an end to our running. He could be a very intimidating man if he wanted to be. My brother already embarrassed walked closer to our angry father earning a good smack behind his head. "You were supposed to tend the sheep this morning with your brother Jullian yet I find you here mocking your sister like a fool."

"I am sorry father." My brother spoke softly with eyes fixed on the ground. Our father took the toy and handed it to me as he looked over my sister. "Your mom has been doing laundry non stop, you will go help her this instant. We are a team and we work together if we want to survive this crisis, now move!" They both hurried away, not once lifting their gaze. "You cannot let your siblings get to you Eden, they want to behave like fools you let em' but do not follow their foolish games, you are more serious than that."

"Sorry father."

"Do not apologize, act like the huntress you are set to be... Kit's daughter is looking for you, now you go on and learn a thing or two from that girl." He meant Nadia Mills, at the mention of her I instantly lighted up. She was my very best friend and she treated me right unlike my siblings. I even forgot all about my toy...

~Eden, 16 years old~

I was tending my room with my sister, it was our bonding time as crazy as that sounds. Though this afternoon she kept staring at me like I had grown a second head over night.

"Quit staring at me like that Eva." She just smiled but kept dusting our books in silence for a few minutes. "Do you like Milton, sister?" She suddenly asked. Milton was her boyfriend, they have been dating for a couple of months now and she seems content enough. "He is a lovely boy, he makes you smile more often. I do like him. He makes you nicer" On cue she did smile upon hearing my words. "He does make me happy, he is very kind, gentle lover if you know what I mean..." she wiggled her eyebrows earning a push from me. "I do not need to know what you and him do. Which by the way is noticeable since you come home looking like you got run over by a stampede of animals." She chuckled out loud. "Love does that in the best of ways sister, it is amazing how one person can make you feel, surely you have felt that before." At that my eyes focused on our paintings which I begun to wipe gently. "I have never felt such thing, but it sounds magnificent." My sister sighed. She stopped what she was doing and walked next to me, she stopped my hands from wiping so I could focus on her.

"Eden, there is no shame in love. Our family adores Nadia as one of our own already."

"You think father will be alright with something like that?" Her eyes held much compassion and sincere love, the kind of affection that can only be provided by a big sister.

"He will, you are his favorite after all." That made us both chuckle. She kissed the top of my head and we continued our work with a new sense of relief.

~•~•~•~•~

We made it to the border up North, Rhea's soldiers crowded the place, all dressed in black uniforms representing the reign. They quickly let us through, the line of soldiers covered the sides of the roads until we made it to our destination. They stood tall with banners high, swords sharp, spears, arrows, and every sort of heavy cryptic weapon they could find.