CHAPTER THREE

TWO WEEKS AGO
************
I'm usually the kind of girl who likes going out on weekends and attend to many parties as possible and so does Brett. It has always been that way, from when he had his girlfriend up until they broke up and I swooped in.

Things changed drastically and whenever I asked why he would always say, "we can just chill around at my place, get lit, get naughty or even watch a movie, right?" He was so manipulative that I hated him to the core for it. I really never had a say in that relationship,not like I thought I would anyway.

At some point, I felt as if I was being used as rebound for his past relationship. I couldn't bring that up no matter how much I wanted to. I was always afraid that he would get mad given how short tempered he is.

Picking up his ex girlfriend's calls wasn't a problem for me but did he really have to put his phone on loudspeaker and let me hear how she begged him desperately to get back with her?.

We never held hands in public. We only kissed when we were  the two of us. So different from the way he was with Megg. The  Ex. But I thought maybe it was because we were just getting started and  things will fall in place after sometime.  I just have to give it time. I always thought.

****************
" Are you sure you'll be good ?,I can ask Tasha to come stay with you."My mum asked as she picked up her handbag.

"I'll call her if I need her, Mom. You should get going or you will miss the sermon." I said, faking a cough.

I had to lie that I was sick so as to meet up with Brett. I've really never done that before so she bought it.

He had promised to get me some ice cream then later go to his house for Netflix and chill.

Just a few minutes after Mom left, a message notification popped up. It was from him.

Brett💜

Baby, you coming?

Me:
like I have an option😂❤.

Brett💜
I'll see you then.

That was the first time Brett called me such a name. I kept looking at it and wondered if that's really him. He preferred calling me by my real name. I have always thought it's because he wanted to keep whatever thing we had low key but was so wrong because he actually was ashamed of being called my boyfriend.

The day I find out that made my heart broke into pieces and felt suicidal something I have never thought of.

I stood up from the coach lively forgetting that i was 'sick' and ran straight to the bathroom. I had to look good for him. His approval matters a lot so I had to nail it. I slipped my legs to the bathtub and lay comfortably with my head raised up. The vanilla shower gel had already formed a foam and the smell made me want to stay in there forever.

The thought of him gave me goosebumps all over. I took a dress in my closet and slide it through. I stepped to the mirror and the person I saw wasn't Jewel. No that wasn't the little girl Mummy brought up.

The Jewel we all know usually is on trousers and tops accompanied by sneakers. I looked smart but completely different. I felt like i was hiding who I really was but I really had to wear that way because he asked me to. I have never thought I'll ever be in a position where a man had to make descions  for me. Especially when it comes to dressing.

**********

I called Tasha and asked her for a cover up in case my Mum called for whereabouts. I had no doubt she would let me down because shawty is so good at that.

I picked up my sling bag and walked out not taking another glance of myself in the mirror because I knew I'll literally hate myself more.

Brett💜
Hey....where are you at?. I have been waiting for like thirty minutes now and you have no idea how you are pissing me off.