Chapter 42

"She wants to talk to us." Ben said popping his head into the room. I was half asleep still when he came in but he looked fully dressed. I sat up I bed and pushed back the covers.

"What?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"I don't know, Leia said it's urgent." He said. I quickly hopped out of bed and went to get changed. I went into the closet and grabbed my normal clothes.

"What do you think it is?" I asked as he walked up behind me.

"I have no idea. She spent the night in medical." He said. "Her heart is really weak, they don't know what is going on."

"Poe said her health wasn't good." I said looking back to him. "Even he didn't really know what was going on."

"I don't know what to do." He said and he was getting choked up. I stepped forward and pulled him into a hug. He took a deep breath and I could feel him hold back.

"We'll figure it out. She'll be okay." I said and he pulled back. His eyes were red, but his face looked composed.

"Let's just go." He said pulling me by the arm.

We walked out of the bedroom and through the living room. We left and went out of the room and into the halls. We walked quickly to the South wing and into the meeting room. We entered and Leia was sat at the table. Before she could even turn I could tell she looked ghastly pale. She did eventually turn around to face Kylo and I. Her eyes were hollowed out and she looked ages older.

"Come it's important." She said turning back around. I looked at Kylo and he was already walked to go sit down by her. I followed and sat on the other side of Ben.

"What's going on?" He asked taking his mother's hand.

"You need this." She said holding out small metal disk. Ben took it and gave her a confused look.

"What is this?" He asked.

"Your answer." She stated in a very hushed tone.

"I don't understand." He said.

"That is how you're going to find Apollo. Poe will know what to do with it." She said.

"Why are you giving this to me?" He asked.

"I need to make things right." She said.

"What does that mean?" He asked.

"Apollo will not bring peace, you two will." She said. "I didn't want to believe it for a long time, but I know it's true now."

"Thank you." He said pulling her into a hug. I could tell his was being gentle, but it was a tight hug.

"You need to go now, Ben." She said. "The longer you wait the closer you get to him figuring it out."

"When I come back mom can we restart? After all of this madness is over I want to to restart." He asked crying now. She pulled back to look at him and her face was conflicted. She was smiling but I almost looked as though she was sad.

"Of course." She said. "Son, I love you."

"I love you too mom." He said and they took each other into their arms again. I stood up quietly.

I'm going to alert Hux and Poe to prepare a ship and ready the troops. Take your time.

I left the room quietly. I made my way down the halls. I knew this was going to be it. I could tell that this was going to be the end of the story for one of us. I was ready for it.

I went back to the room after I had readied the forces. We were reforming the same plan we had before with Ajan Kloss, prepare every ship and have them in stand by until we need them. I had to wait until Ben came back so we could talk about our plan. I didn't know what the disk was or what it could do, but the important part was we had it. We could finally put an end to this.