(ten)

~~~~~

~~~~~

Jeongsan giggled as he blow bubbles into the air at me. He's such a cute kid, and too kind as well. Already so grown up and he's not even in preschool, he definitely is advanced for his age.

"Jungkook, I have a question." He got quite and fiddled with his hands, perhaps nervous.

"What is it, bud?" I smiled to him.

"Well I already asked mommy, and she didn't really know."

"You can tell me."

"Can I call you daddy?"

And then the world stopped. What could I say? I couldn't hurt the kid, but I definitely couldn't just pretend it wasn't a little weird. He didn't have a dad do he around. I definitely couldn't be that figure, I'm just the roommate. I can't have a kid look up to what I do.

"Buddy, what did your mom say?" I couldn't help but wonder what Y/n would say to that.

"To ask you. And maybe one day I can call you my new daddy." He smiled brightly with excitement. But what did she mean by one day? She couldn't possible like me though, could she? No, no she just didn't want to upset Jeongsan. But what if I started to like her?

No, it just tension is all. Just the fact of a man and a woman living together.

"Maybe one day." I said to him.

I began washing his hair with the baby soap, and ran my fingers through his thick head of follicles. He had a lot of hair for a child. Thick, dark hair, kind of like his moms' but hers has thinned. Probably from not eating. I let my thoughts wonder. She never really did eat much at all. Her hands are always cold. I've noticed her getting chest pain if she does eat a little.

I can't see someone die like that again...

"Jungkookie, I'm tired..." Jeongsan snapped me from my thoughts.

I washed his hair and wrapped a towel around his small body as he following out of the bathroom. He told me what drawers were his in his shared dresser with his mother. I didn't have to help him much to dress.

He was exhausted by the time he had his shirt on, already crawling into bed and under he covers.

"Goodnight, Jeongsan."

"No, don't go." He reaches out to me, holding my sleeve.

"But-"

"Stay, Kookie." And I couldn't say no.

Y/n p.o.v

Work wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Not as tiring as expected. It was just a fast food place, but over time maybe it will be worse. At least you have a job to support your child.