The beginning of the end

Nevelia's POV

I keep fighting Gamora's allies, the metallic smell of blood filling my lungs. Peter Quill holds his gun wavering before pulling the trigger to kill Gamora. Bubbles slowly come out of it. His face turns to one of shock at the weapon that betrayed him.

When I finish with the others I walk over to Quill kicking him in the gut. He falls to the ground and dust comes up around him.

I lean over him.

"You're weak. Did you know that Quill? But we are closer to succeeding thanks to you. I just hope you'll be there to witness it." I sneer at him

I stand back up and obediently walk back to where father stands with Gamora.

A blue mist engulfs us sending us back to his ship.

I walk to the training room and Gamora follows behind me.

"Velie. Why do you stay with him?"

"He is my father, he raised me and trained me. I would never leave, I'm not a traitor like you or Nebula."

I hear her gasp in confusion.

"Nebula? She's not a traitor, is she?" Her voice asks worried

I turn to face her moving the strands of hair from my sweaty face.

"Oh, that's right you wouldn't know. She betrayed me and father. She failed to reveal the location of the soul stone to us."

"Oh." She whispers

"Father was waiting for you in the throne room."

Pity caresses her face and she gently takes my hand.

"You should have joined us. You would have been far more happier."

"I wanted to. But I could never betray father. I'm sorry Gamora. But it's best you left to go see him."

She nods knowing I need space, and walks out.

I sigh, life should have never of been this awful if I never left.

A dish shatters in the throne room and I sigh getting up and taking out a dagger before transporting to the throne room. It doesn't look like there has been any conflict.

"Father are you alright?" I ask kneeling before him

"Yes Nevelia everything is fine. Shall we go see Nebula?" He takes my hand and makes me stand

"Yes father." I sigh

I lead them to the room where she is. I scan my thumb and the door opens, Gamora gasps behind me but I don't want to look back. I don't want to feel as though I have betrayed her even though I have, I don't want to feel the guilt of hurting them both, the two people I love the most. The two people I never wanted to betray, the two people I never wanted to hurt.

"Please don't do this." She says to dad walking to Nebula

"A little while ago your sister came aboard this ship to kill me, she nearly did thankfully Nevelia was there to stop her." Father recalls

I almost wish I let him die, just let the blood drain out of him and watch as he became weakened on the floor in front of me, watched as he bled out knowing I wouldn't help him. I feel as though I would honestly be better off without him, but I could never have that on my conscience, he is my father and I couldn't let him die.

Father walks over to the controls and begins to stretch Nebula's taken apart form. Gamora sees her sisters pain and begs him to stop, I feel the pain watching my sister suffer, watching her scream from agony.