D

I stared out the window trying not to feel anything. I shot Ty. I killed my cousin. I'll never speak to him again, see him again, get annoyed with him again. I closed my eyes listening to the rain bounce the window.

*Knock Knock*

I glanced over, Lauren was covering her head pulling on the passenger door.
I leaned over and pulled the latch and she jumped in.

"My bad, I forgot."

"It's fine...what happened? You barely talked to me on the phone."

I looked at her, eyes red "Ty's dead."

"Oh my God, your cousin Ty?"

I nodded

She sat back "I'm sorry Jordan...I know y'all were close."

I wiped my nose "Yea"

He's dead cause I shot him.

I jumped feeling my phone buzz.
I looked at the screen. It's Laila. I shut it off and put it back in my pocket. I can't believe this bitch, she really fucked my cousin. How many times, how long is this been going on, Ty was just going to let me marry a hoe?

"You okay?" I looked over at Lauren, her eyes were filled with water.

She tried to touch my hand but I pulled it away. I ain't forget how she played me. Come to think of it, if we were together I would have never met Leila. I would have never shot my cousin.

Chill Jordan.

Lauren gave up and leaned forward.

"Let's go get a big ass pizza with stuffed cheeze crust." I glanced over at her, she smiled trying to touch my hand again. I ain't snatch away this time.

"I'm not really in the mood to eat."

"You will be after this. "
She went in her purse and pulled out a few little shot bottles and some gummies.

"I don't smoke, but these". She held up the bag "will definitely have you feeling better.

She popped two into her mouth and gave me 3. I swallowed them all whole.

"Drink up"

She handed me one of her shots. I untwisted the cap and threw it back. It burned like fuck, I checked the bottle. It was that 99 proof shit.

Lauren unbuckle her seat belt
"okay let's switch I'll drive."

"Wait you talking bout driving my truck?" I never let nobody drive my truck not even my.... ex fiance.

"Girl I'm not going to wreck your car. Do you know who my dad is?"

I hopped out and we switch spots. The whole way to the pizza spot Lauren kept nudging me trying to get me to sing along to the radio. It's weird, I'm really annoyed but I still want to be around her. Her smile, I don't know. I don't think there's nothing in the world that can make me feel better right now, but vibing with her helps.

we got to the Italian restaurant a few minutes later. It was late, so we drove an extra 10 minutes to go to the 24 hour spot. I sat down in the booth while Lauren ordered whatever she was ordering.

I was scrolling on Facebook when Leila called me again. I ain't going to lie, I think that edible starting to kick in. Not to mention I was already smoking before I ate it. I ignored the call, this time blocking Laila's number from my phone. Man at this point, I don't know what I'll do if I see her.

I glanced up the see Lauren walking back with a big ass pizza with a huge smile on her face. She scooted in beside me and opened the box.

"Why'd you let your dad break us up."