Devil

I got to work and did what I had to do. I only had 8 orders so it didn't take long. I did my usual routine until it was time to go. Lauren text me a few times checking on me. She says she's just worried, and that might be true, but I can't help but wonder if she tryna finish what we started 5 years ago. When we were young, and at least I, was dumb.

I finished up for the day and got my things together. I picked up my laptop and headed towards the elevator.

"Hey Jordan wait up." It was Staci, the only other black person at my job. She's a fine ass light skin, she's look a little older than me and stay having the office smell like shea butter. She's always smiling at me too, Laila claimed Staci wants to fuck me on the low or some shit but we see why, when you a hoe, you assume everybody hoeing.

I adjusted my briefcase and held the door open.

She hopped in "You seemed quiet today."

"Hey how you doing." I said ignoring her.

"Well I'm doing great, about to go get my daughter from school and drink some wine at home "

"Ha sounds good, maybe I'll join you" I said definitely joking.

"Give me your number." I glanced at her, amused.

"Okay here" I gave it to her and she put her number in it. The elevator finally got to my floor.

"And Jordan I'm grown, I don't do text, call me when your ready." She handed it back before walking off.

I swear some women think just cause their older than me I won't fuck they guts up. I watched as she walked away. Ass fat as hell.

I called PJ in the car

"Yo"

"Wassup bruh"

"Anybody looking for Ty?"

"Yes, all us, I can't lie, yo auntie not doing too good."

Damn. I knew it "Damn bro, I know she not, I'm sick bruh"

"Jordy be cool man, I probably would have did the and thing, you know, in the heat of the moment shit get real"

"I know man, I just wish I could take it back."

"Well you can't man, ain't no point in letting it keep you down, it's over...look, I gotta go . But keep ya head up. You already know i got you."

"Aight bruh"

On the way home I decided to stop and get us some salads. The way Lauren eats, id just rather have food ready for whenever she does come home otherwise she'll try and make me leave the house, and I ain't feeling it.

I got to her place and put our food in the fridge. I contemplated on picking up a few things from the house before I got back but...no way in hell shit gonna be ok if Laila still in my house. Im low-key scared to go back. I shot my cousin, and I honestly, I regret it. I don't even remember it happening. I sat on the couch opening a bottle of Laurens wine. Bacon scratched on her room door so much I eventually let him out. All be did was run in circles around the coffee table.

I heard the door open.
"Hey Jordan" I looked over, she was holding a bag of takeout.

"Ha that's funny, I brought you food too, it's in fridge." She sat it down
"Yay more for me."

She took the bottle from my hand and started chugging it.

"Damn Lauren"

"What? I didnt say anything when you smoked 4 blunts yesterday."