Rushing

"Hello?"

"Hey Jordan it's Richard, I have some exciting news. I just got an offer on your house. Full asking price."

I jumped "Yess, yes that's awesome please go ahead set up the closing cost I'm ready for this to be over."

I've been trying to sell this house for like a month now. Ever since Laila finally got the message and moved out. How you gone stay in a place that's put up for sale?

I clocked out of work and made my way to the truck. "And how much did you list it for, I'm sorry a lot been going on."

"Oh no I Definitely understand, if inspection goes fine, and it should because you just got the house. After closing cost and my 10% let me see...your total profit will be around $180,000."

I slammed the door and turned on the engine. "Okay that sounds great, thanks a lot Rich, shits been stressful."

"No problem Jordan, that's why you have me here, I'll call you when the paperwork is done."

I hung up the phone just as I was turning down my old street. I pulled up to my mom's house a few seconds later. I parked and checked the mailbox before jogging up the stairs unlocking the door.

"Aye Asia, I'm here." I yelled.

"Hold on I'm almost ready."

I sat the mail down on the counter and went straight to the fridge. Ma stay having leftovers. I moved out years ago and Asia acts like she's allergic to food but my Ma just can't help it. She cooks for a family a damn near 7. I found a plate a potato salad and unwrapped it.
I jumped on the counter eating and scrolling on my phone.

Damn Asia wtf you doing

I text Lauren

Me: At moms getting Asia

Lauren: ♥️ I can't wait

Asia came out the room carrying a stuffed ass bookbag. I laughed "So you mean to tell me, all that shit is one outfit?" I'm tryna figure out where she think she going.

"What? I need way more than just one outfit. What if I get dirty?" I shook my head and hopped off the counter.

"Girl come on"

We got in the truck and before I even turned the ignition "Can we go to Wendy's?"

I rolled my eyes, we're gonna stop and get food after the movie but I guess. I don't need a grumpy Asia to deal with, no one does.

"I thought mama said you don't eat"

"I do eat, just tired of that food"

Ain't no way in hell she just said that. Fuck she mean she tired of my mama food, shit stay bussing.

"Well McDonald's and Wendy's gone make you get fat, if that's what you want."

We stopped by Wendy's before heading back to Laurens, Asia's gonna freak out. She has no idea Lauren's coming to the movies with us tonight, she doesn't even know me and Lauren linked up.

I pulled into the parking lot and Asia followed me upstairs. I unlocked the door and Bacon came shooting out.

Asia shreaked "Oh my God he's so cute Jordan." She kneeled down rubbing and spinning him around in circles.

"Hi Asia, it's nice to see you."

She glanced up from the dog. A huge smile crept on her face "No wayy, you're Lauren I remember you."

Lauren looked like she got the reaction she wanted. "Well good, I remember you too cutie."

Asia picked up her bag and followed Lauren to the room. The room where I use to sleep. Before Lauren became my woman and I started paying her rent. I don't care what y'all say, call me what you want, but I grinded to be able to spoil the people I love, and that's what I'ma do. Period.