Ch 10 || The Clock

Tays P.O.V

"Come on Soda," I said for the millionth time knocking on the locked door of the breakroom. I had no idea what happened, Obviously but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with his girlfriend. I waited for sodas response, Nothing, I Sighed. I suppose I shouldn't be the person to try to get him out; I did only meet him two days ago. I wondered why 'the gang' were being so kind and hospitable for someone they just met. "Steve," I said going out the back.

"What?" he said, looking pissed off. "wait, wheres soda" he looked around, I bit my lip.

"Yeah about that," I said slowly, he cocked an eyebrow, "I think his girlfriend might've said something because he hasn't come out of the breakroom in like an hour and I'm pretty sure I heard him crying."

"Mkay, So why do you need me?" he asked, I scoffed glancing back into the store before turning back to him.

"Well you're his best friend you know him way better than I do," I said "And besides I'm not good at comforting people," I said, he looked up from the bonnet and hit his head. He groaned and continued inside, I had no idea what he was planning on doing, but I was hoping that whatever it was it would work Steve banged on the door.

"Dude, your about to get fired so get your ass out of the breakroom and do your job," Steve said, we waited for about two minutes before he got fed up, "Right we're opening the door," Steve said, I nodded and pulled out my switchblade and picked at the lock.

"Got it" I mumbled and pushed the door open to find Soda sitting on a crusty dusty couch, staring at the door emotionless "Soda, man What the fuck," I said he glanced up at us and sighed.

"it was Sandy," he said, I cocked an eyebrow "She got herself knocked up, prolly a soc" he growled "Pass me cancer stick" I reached into my pockets and threw him a cig and my lighter, he took a drag, and he instantly looked calm.

"That all?" I asked sarcastically, Soda stared daggers at me, but I just looked at him with curiosity

"Nup, she went to Florida to live her grandmother because she couldn't fucking look at me," he yelled, taking another drag on his cigarette, I shrugged there wasn't much else to say on that. I checked my watch. 5 pm

"Well my shift over, so imma go," I said walking out of the room, I felt their eyes on me, but I don't care. I picked up my skateboard, Yes I brought it everywhere and made my way into town looking for a shop that didn't sell pretty pink dresses or khaki pants. I found a small rundown store that sold 'greaser' clothing. I picked up some blue jeans and a few shirts.

"Shit," I said when I dropped a piece of clothing, I bent down to pick it up when something under the shelf caught my eye. It was a flashing box type thing, My curiosity got the better of me, and I reached out and pulled it closer, It was a watch a note and a book I looked at the letter first. Taylor Murphy Was scribbled on the front "What the fuck", I wasn't going to look at it anymore, but when I saw my name on the note I just had to, I opened the letter and read it.

Hey, Tay, it's me, Jessie

Now I know for a fact that you are weirded out by this and so am I, After you went missing I went to investigate and came across this lady, the timekeeper aka the lady that knocked you out and sent you to the past. The timekeeper said she sent you there for a reason and let me send you one thing and write this letter. Now, remember that book I told you about the outsiders. Yeah well, when I found out that you where you were and when I had to send you this book, read it as fast as you can because you need to watch out for who and what's in it, I miss you. When you get back there are some things I need to tell you about, oh and this book doesn't exist yet when you are so DONT TELL ANYONE anyway I hope ill see you soon Tay, Tay.