Ch 23 || Quantum Physics

~~

~~

~December 8th 1965~

Tays P.O.V

Madi went back to school before Lunch, I, however, didn't, I had no idea if time travel theory existed in the 60s, but I was determined to find something. At least my science teacher had told me one thing: that I need negative matter to create a wormhole to travel in time...great how the actual fuck am I supposed to do that when humankind has yet to make it to the moon, I mean actually how the fuck. So my grand idea was to go to a book store, I was surprised to find there was more than one book on quantum physics so...score one to Taylor! I managed to get 'The Principles of Quantum Mechanics' by Paul Dirac and 'Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Mechanics' by John von Neumann. How was I going to understand one bloody thing on those pages I had no idea, how I even passed ninth-grade science? I have no idea, but here I am. should probably stop talking like its a casual conversation ill stop doing that.

"God, what am I going to do I'm so fucked" I mumbled to myself walking out of the bookshop with the two books in my jacket making sure I didn't look suspicious, what you think I paid for it? Likely story. Anyway, I figured I should probably visit Johnny since he apparently was asking for me, but I'm pretty sure either Sodapop or Dallas or both were bullshitting, but I did say that I would visit him. The hospital was its usual, not cheery, death-like self.

"Who are you here to see darling," a helpful nurse at the counter asked,

"Johnathon cade," I said, she nodded and sifted through papers, I took a deep breath smelling the bleach and chemicals that was normal for a hospital of anytime "He's in room 316, darling. Do you need someone to take you there?" she asked, I shook my head "No, No I'm okay thank you," I said slowly walking away from the desk, silently praying no one else was there because that would be awkward to walk in on their conversation. I took the stairs, why I did this, I had no idea, but I suppose I did it to think.

"Damn, I need to stop smoking," I said, out of breath from only going up like four flights of stairs, I sighed and pushed open the fire escape door and walking down the long white hallway, the fluorescent lights blinding my eyes. 301, 302. I walked along the hallway, scanning the doors, 306, 307, 308. I felt myself getting nervous; why am I getting nervous? I'm just seeing a friend what am I doing what the fuck is going on. 311, 312. I shouldn't do this, wait why am I nervous, WHY AM I NERVOUS. 313,314, 315. "Just relax Taylor. He's a friend, you just visiting a friend in the hospital, that you saved and then kissed his cheek last night, god you're an idiot," I mumbled to my self as I slowly approached his room and knocked on the door. It was dull and brown just like the others and the only thing making it different "why are you knocking on the door Murphy, you ain't a Soc" I mumbled getting pissed off with myself