Ch 20 || Johnny?

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed, I was disappointed at first, but I figured it would weird if Ponyboy came in to wake me up, and Johnny was there sleeping in my bed, or if he just walked out of the bedroom, I stayed in also with the front door locked it would be questionable if he were just there. I woke up at 5:30 because I was freezing, Johnny must've accidentally left my window open. I groggily rolled out of bed shutting it and pulling out the usual jeans, t-shirt and converse no one was awake get, so I managed to get a more extended shower than I usually did and without any interruptions. I looked at my appearance in the mirror; I needed to get rid of these blonde pieces at the front of my head, I mean I felt like the Adidas logo which is a weird comparison to make. Still, I couldn't make any other, I pulled on my clothes and went back into my room, pulling out my 'trusty' bandana and put my hair up in a simple hairstyle. By this time it was six, and the house was starting to wakeup first with Darry going into the kitchen and making breakfast like he usually did. It was less than a week into December, but I was already itching for the Christmas break, I had a problem. I walked into the kitchen "Morning" I chirped, I only had 5 hours of sleep last night, but I had gotten a better sleep than I usually did which was weird.

"Good Morning," Darry said, putting eggs and ham on plates "Hey, why where you talkin' last night?" he asked, shit.shit.shit "I have no idea what you're going on about" I played dumb, but he wasn't stupid "You know, you were mumbling something at like midnight or something" he handed me a plate "Oh that umm I was doing homework and humming a song to myself."

I sat at the table with Steve and Two-Bit who were wolfing down their meal like it was their last "Jesus, slow down you two, it's not like your on death row" Steve glared at me. Two-bit tried to say something with his mouth full of chocolate cake which only results in him getting half-chewed cake on his plate "Gross" I mumbled losing my appetite. Ponyboy and Sodapop then came in, and the kitchen was suddenly filled with people talking over each other, mainly Sodapop and Steve arguing about god knows what. Ponyboy and I waited for Johnny at the bus stop, but he never showed up, "Probably jus' late, you know Johnny" Ponyboy said as he went to sit with his friends, I think one of their names was Mark. I, on the other hand, had made friends with a number of 0 friends, so I just sat by myself at the back of the bus like a loser. God, I wished I had a phone, so I had something to do, but alas I was in 1965, so I just sat there alone, looking out the window like a friggen looser. Johnny didn't show that day, and even Ponyboy seemed worried, I don't talk to him, but I passed him in the hallways like twice, and he gave me a look that could only say 'Okay where the hell is Johnny' i just shrugged at him because I didn't know what else to say and just kept walking

"Murphy?" My horrible science teacher, Mrs Anderson, was calling the roll, as usual, she pulled me out of my daydream enough to say "Present" I had no idea what I was dreaming about. I didn't care. I just went back to staring into space after a minute, or so another name caught my attention "Simcic?" Mrs Anderson's voice was monotone and boring "Simcic? Maddison Simcic?" I hadn't even noticed that Maddison, the girl I met yesterday, wasn't here today mkay that's weird I thought, I did the usual thing after school, heading to the DX starting work etc.

"Your late, Again" Steve was at the counter flicking his lighter, I scoffed and knocked his stool which sent him reeling to the ground, "Awh screw you Tay" I rolled my eyes "I'd rather not, You ain't my type," I said, he glared at me.

"And who is your type?" he leaned on the counter making a face, I shoved his elbows off "Just go do ya job," I said. He rolled his eyes and left to fix cars with soda; Work was work, pretty dull; I get off early on Tuesday, and Sodapop asked me to get some things from the store. I was walking the streets of Tulsa gripping my blade and looking over my shoulder every one in a while; id rather not get jumped by Socs today. I heard a faint groaning as I looked around to the body of a guy, a kid crumpled in literally a gutter, I cautiously approached the guy, he was wearing denim jeans and a denim jacket.

A/N

Oops, it's been so long sorry for time jumps and short chapter, I'm still going to school during this pandemic so yeah ScoMo an idiot. I also have a cold and everyone's convinced I have corona so that's fun, see you later and I hope you have enough toilet paper