Shoot Strait

"Ha!" Artemis kicked Wally's legs from under his feet.

"Uuuugh," he groaned sitting up.

"Are you regretting me taking you up on your offer now?" Artemis bent over breathing heavily.

"Well from the looks of it." he stood up, "you've had quite a workout as well." He smirked the infamous smile that made girls want to scream.

"You sure do put up a fight." She stood back up.

It was late at night, neither of them knew what time it was but is sure was at least midnight.

For some reason they connected in a matter of hours. They didn't know if it was the fact that he got so jealous over Roy and he didn't even know it. Or was it some secret desire that was buried within both of them that surfaced without any warning. It doesn't matter, either one is fine.

Artemis walked to the archery cabinet grabbed two bows and a load of arrows.

"It's time to teach you some archery." She threw a bow to Wally, he caught it and examined it.

"Me? Why?" He slowly moved his hand across the string.

"Just because." she smiled softly and walked over to him. She knocked an arrow in place, pulled back, and released. It zoomed strait into the middle of the target.

"Bullseye." Wally said awestruck.

"Why are you so surprised?" Artemis placed her hand on her hip.

"What I'm not! Just...impressed." he grinned.

"Alright now shut it and shoot." A smile tugged at her lips as he struggled to knock an arrow.

He pulled it back easily. Then let go of the string and completely missed the target.

"Well," he said, "I think we know why I'm not an arrow."

"Here." Artemis took wally's hand. "now grab the string with three fingers."

"O-ok." he grinned like a madman looking at their hands. He grabbed the string.

"Now, pull it back to the edge of your lip." she half-whispered.

He did as he was told.

"Now, focus. The only thing that exists is you, your arrow, and your target."

"Well that's a little hard when you're whispering in my ear." he mumbled so she couldn't hear him.

"What was that?" She asked suppressing yet another smile.

"Nothing." he replied quickly.

"Alright." she adjusted his fingers on the grip of the bow, "whenever you're ready."

He inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. 'The target, not that Artemis is right here behind me. Why should I care?!?!?! Gosh darn Wally focus.' He thought.

He breathed one more time and released. The arrow shot with a clean swoosh sound and landed three inches from the middle.

"Did you see th-" he whipped around but smacked right into Artemis causing him to topple over her. Their faces were inches apart and both of them were breathing heavily.

"Oops." he cringed after a few seconds, waiting for a beating.

"No don't worry." she almost smiled but caught herself. Neither of them moved for a split second.

"Hey, I heard a crash." an oh-so-familiar voice slithered.

Wally sprung up instantly and ran over to jinx. 'good thing she didn't see Artemis and I .' Wally sighed with relief.

Artemis laid there for a second with disappointment filling her. 'why Apollo! Why is it jinx?! No art you don't care, remember?' She hopped up and went to greet jinx.

"Hey." Artemis smiled (fake of course) to Jinx.

Jinx pursed her lips in an attempt of a smile. "who is she?" She asked Wally as if Artemis wasn't even there.

"This i-" Wally began but Artemis cut him off.

"Artemis, protege and niece of Green Arrow. Nice to meet you." she extended her hand.

"The pleasure is yours." she denied her handshake and turned to Wally "Lets go hun. We have some catching up to do." she smirked devilishly and grabbed his hand, pulling him away.

"Bye." Artemis' voice trailed off.