one

YOU

YOU

The city of Gushvin, widely known as the City of Secrets, has gone insane. Is it possible that my  mind in the process has crumbled like battery acid?

Corporations, corruption, organized crime, and gang violence have dominated the city, which is considered a modern multicultural metropolis of the twenty-first century. Metal megastructures covered in vivid holograms of advertisements, tall sky scraping buildings that also double as apartments for millions, highways that serve as never-ending bridges, and even structures in the air abound throughout the city. The sky is full of flying automobiles that only the wealthy can afford, while the urban side of town is filled with gang violence that the GCPD refuse to deal with.

Nobody gets it out alive and sane.

People imagined flying automobiles, larger structures, improved technology, and even a brighter future about 200 years ago. We got our wish, but at what price?

What is the cost of another uprising against the government? Another case of innocent human lives being taken by other cybernetic entities as a result of a "terminal shutdown"? A child who is now terrified of their sanity being taken away forcefully once they turn eighteen? As a new kind of the "future," about twelve million people have been forced to have a government tracking chip implanted in their forearm. We got everything we asked for, but it wasn't what we expected.

This isn't what we asked for.

We have no idea how the real world smelled before. It's just blood and metal.

Just blood and metal.

Less and less parts of the city has been left untouched by the corporate. Thankfully, the part I live in hasn't been completely demolished and transformed into pure metal and artificial intelligences.

Yet.

It was a beautiful Monday morning and my kitty, Luna with beautiful green large almond eyes jumps on my bed, purring as she rubs her cheek against mine. I giggle at her clingy action and get up from my bed, stretching my arms.