twenty nine

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓—TWELVE YEARS AGO─────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹─────

─────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹─────

PARK JIMIN

I proceeded through the maze of never-ending black marble corridors, clutching the papers I was supposed to deliver to the MWT Councils office, where a meeting between the two corporations, DTS and FNIX, was taking place. I have no idea what they're up to, but these papers in my hands contain everything I need to know. I took my time walking down the corridor, checking to see if I was in the clear on each side.

"Activate Blackout Screen," I muttered aloud as I opened an empty office and locked the door.

"Blackout Screen initiated," the machine said, turning all of the glass and window screens into a black wall that blocked out the view of the outside world. I spread the papers on the table as the lights above it switch on.

Dad, what are you keeping from me?

When I opened a folder, I found documents regarding a little girl my age. A snapshot of her was taped to the upper right corner of the paper, and I examined her face closely. Her Y/C/E appeared to be lifeless and dreary. Her skin was wounded, and her hair had become knotted. I read the text on the other side of her data.

"Base Data of Experiment: Test Subject; APEX 001

"Base Data of Experiment: Test Subject; APEX 001. Transfer consciousness from living organ body to DTS metal built technology," I read out aloud and kept flipping through the pages. "What the fuck? They're going to test a girls life just for the technology?"

"Your father would be furious if he saw you looking through our classified files,"

I widened my eyes and turned to see a tall, slim man standing behind me. His thick blonde hair was slicked back, and his checks were squeezed deep into his cheekbones. He had dark lines under his eyes, wore circular glasses, and was dressed in a white trench coat with his ID clipped to the collar. Doctor Anwir Cozbi Edge, as it was written out, drew my attention. I took a deep breath and stepped closer to the table.