fourteen

YOU

YOU

It was uncomfortable when we drove to the warehouse. Jimin moaned as he gripped the steering wheel.

I finally gained the courage to speak up. "So, where did you get the gun?" I asked.

"My father gave it to me for my eighteenth birthday." He responds. He then lets out a sigh,  "But what on earth were you thinking? Going up like that to Von? Do you even know who he is—or was? Do you realize how dangerous that is?"

I glared at him aggressively, clutching the seat. "Who do you think you're yelling at?! What did I just save your boys from being slaughtered by another gang. I provided the information we required, and I didn't even receive a thank you?" I scoffed and crossed my arms, my gaze fixed on the road. "This is utterly fucking ludicrous."

Jimin clutched the steering wheel. By the looks on his face, I could tell he was deep in meditation. Most likely about what I just told him. He sighs and glances at me as we come to a stop owing to a red light. He examined me from top to bottom, and widens his eyes to see my hands shaking.

"Look, I know you wanted to help, but this isn't the type of thing I want you to do," he adds, looking at me. His shoulders lowered slightly, and his countenance softened. "The last thing I want is for you to be in pain. Worse case is if you got yourself killed. You are my duty; I am the one who got you into this mess. I'm not going to let you clean it up."

"All right, and? I had plenty of chances to flee, didn't I?" I inquired. "However, I'm still here because I choose to be."

"I know, and it's quite stupid of you to do that," Jimin responds. "This isn't a game you can play like a five-year-old. You're putting yourself into some messed-up shit. People will die because of you, money, power, pressure, or as a result of their beliefs. Someone will lose their life, just like Von did. He died as a result of money and his beliefs that he would become the King of green mother fucking paper. And when you're deep in the hole, all you'll have are the people around you. Even when praying, God will turn his back and walk away."

It felt awkward for a few moments. Soon after, we arrived at the warehouse. It was massive, aged, rusted, and appeared abandoned that's on the verge of collapsing. Jimin then parks the automobile in the shadows to keep it hidden and unnoticed.

"You're staying in the car, understand?" Jimin instructs me as he walks up to the trunk, opens it, and reloads his pistols. He slides his firearms into the pockets and extra ammo. I fix my gaze on one of the gold-plated hand cannons. He notices me gazing and closes the trunk, snapping me back to reality. When I looked up at him again, I noticed that his face was near to mine. "I'm not going to repeat myself, but this once. Do you understand?"

"What if I say no?" I asked as I took a step back. I grinned.

"I'll make you wish you said no if you don't listen to the fuck I'm saying," he challenges, his left eye twitching as a sneer forms on the corner of his lips.