twenty five

YOU

YOU

I was sitting in the art room, drinking tea at three o'clock in the morning, immersed in meditation. I couldn't sleep, and everything seemed to come tumbling down, landing on my chest. Everything felt heavy, and there were times when I feared my chest would burst. Random mental breakdowns, my hands trembling, sleepless nights, I've never felt this depressed. It disturbed me that my life was so convoluted. I was mesmerized as I gazed down at my tea as it whirled around.

"Y/N,"

I shook a little, surprised by the unexpected fallout, and I carefully raised my eyes to the wonder of the voice, finding Jimin standing behind me without a shirt.

His expression, however, was worried. "Is everything in order?" He remarks, "You don't appear to be in great shape."

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said with a nod. I answer.

"Are you sure?" He sits next to me and says, "You can talk to me. I've been watching you for a bit now. You haven't gotten any rest, you haven't been feeding Luna, and that spark for hope is dim. I can see it in your eyes."

I sat in silence.

"You haven't been yourself in a long time like before."

"Before what, exactly? I can't even remember what I had before anything!" I screamed at him, finally letting out my frustrations. "Everything I'm composed of, it appears, came from a machine—I'm not even me! So stop acting as if you know who I am!" Finally, I gave up and slammed the cup against the table. "I don't even know me, Jimin! And I'm scared!" I cried out. "These memories aren't even my own! They're nothing more than made-up fancies! I have no idea whether they are fake or real, past or current, reality or a dream! Who am I, Jimin? Tell me!" I was sobbing.

I gripped onto his arms and lowered my gaze to my lap as warm tears dripped to my thighs. Then, slowly, his arms wrapped themselves around my body. "Doesn't change a damn fact that you're still Y/N who owns a Flower Shop in downtown Haven," he responds. "I might not know everything, but I know enough that you're a good person."

I remained silent for a brief moment before letting out a chuckle of disbelief, "Park Jimin, you truly are a very funny person,"

─────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹─────

PARK JIMIN

I slowly scooped up Y/N and moved out the room as Hoseok stood in the doorway as she fell asleep in my arms. I locked my gaze on him, and he reciprocated my feelings. "What got her all fired up like that?" he asks, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms.

As she slept, I looked at her and said, "Even the least harmful can feel the most anguish," I strolled past Hoseok, looking straight ahead.