eight

YOU

YOU

The attack took place roughly two weeks ago. Police ultimately apprehended him and incarcerated the son of a bitch. Jimin and the others have been attempting to reassure me that he would not return, and if he does, he will not leave alive.

I grinned at the prospect of being protected already. It's quite wonderful, don't you think? The bullet wound on my shoulder has virtually healed, and I barely notice it when I move it, so that's an added plus. Haven's neighbors were also informed of the attack and volunteered to assist in covering the costs.

I tried my hardest to refuse, but they insisted and I gave in. People here are stubborn once they recognize you as family, and that alone gives me a wonderful feeling in my heart.

Jimin planned to take me out for Sushi after I'd recovered physically and psychologically, a restaurant I'd been eyeing because of its lavish furniture and designs.

We were already seated, empty dishes on the table. Jimin and I both sighed in satisfaction and leaned back against the chair, "Well, that was delicious," I stated out.

"Don't gotta remind me twice," he responds with a chuckle.

I rub my stomach, feeling it expand as it digests all of the food I've eaten. Jimin appears to be stuffed, although not quite as much as I am. I'm not sure what to say.

"That was utterly delectable. Now, Jimin, thank you—" I grin as I fumble through my purse for my credit card. However, it was not present "What the hell happened to it?!" I muttered something beneath my breath.

"Are you on the lookout for this?" I raise my eyes to Jimin, who grins and raises his two fingers in the air, holding out my credit card. "Slick as a fox," he chuckles, and I widen my eyes.

"How, where, and when—" I was really perplexed when I glanced at him. As he places his card on the paycheck, he spins it around and puts it in his pocket, switching credit cards with his.

"Jimin, please, once in a while, let me pay! You're going to make yourself completely bankrupt!" I begged. He completely ignores me and stuffs my credit card back into his pockets.

The waitress enters, picks up the paycheck, and smuggles a piece of paper out the door with a wink. I snatched the paper from Jimin's grasp before he could even touch it, and I wasn't surprised at all.

"Call me ;)" was scrawled at the bottom of the woman's phone number. I'm not sure why, but I felt envious? I'm not even envious of these kinds of things.

So, then why am I?

When Jimin notices me pouting, he alters his look and asks, "Are you jealous?" He made fun of her.

"Oh please, me?" I exclaimed, laughing in astonishment. "Jealous? Never," I rolled my eyes and feigned a smile.

Is it really that noticeable?