twenty three

YOU

YOU

I gradually awoke and adjusted my vision to my surroundings. I found myself staring skyward at a ceiling that reminded me of Jimin's bedroom. The chandelier above, the plain white walls, the flat screen TV in front, and the bedsheets. I slowly got to my feet, but my head began to hurt. I let forth a wailing moan and clutched around my forehead. Everything seemed out of place, and I somehow was hearing my own heartbeat was beating in my ears, and my eyesight was becoming blurry.

"Ah, fuck," I grumbled under my breath as my entire body felt like it was on fire and I was stabbed a thousand times. To calm myself down, I closed my eyes for a moment and took several deep breaths.

I examined my hands before moving on to my arms. I sighed as I looked at my bandages. I have no recollection of what happened before I arrived here. But I recall the WMTs spraying bullets at the Flower Shop, as well as the enormous man with implants, Jimins and Taehyung, and fire.

There was a blaze.

The door swings open first, exposing Jin with a platter of food. He gives me a warm grin and says, "Hey, Y/N," as he places the tray above my lap. "Are you feeling better?" He asked.

I returned his smile. "I believe so." I responded.

"You feel any pain?"

"My body hurts, and I'm having trouble remembering what happened yesterday. I'm aware of some details, but not all." I responded, having some difficulty trying to recollect the event.

Jin offers me a nod as he organizes the utensils. "I can understand that," He responds, "It was rough three days ago."

With wide eyes, I glanced at him. "Excuse me, but three days ago?"

"You've been out for three days in a row, and Jimin has been quite concerned about you. We were all," he says as he scoops up a spoonful of spicy tofu soup and places it near my lips.

I exhaled and let Jin feed me by opening my mouth. He continued speaking as I chewed my meal. "Your Flower Shop is a shambles. The MWT caused significant damage. However, the city of Haven is eager to assist," he says. "So don't give up. Have hope."

"Have hope?" I groaned as I swallowed the soup. What's the point of that nowadays? When you find yourself hoping, the only thing that will come true is a bullet to the head."

"Y/N," Jin says again as he places the spoon in the bowl. "You seem to talk a lot about death."

"Do I?"

He nods.

"Sorry, my mistake," I said quietly. "It's just that it's all you see these days. Death. There's nothing else," I let out a heavy sigh. "Tell me about a time when you've seen someone truly happy in this city," I inquire, but he remains silent. "Exactly. No one. Either you kill yourself or you get killed. There's nothing else."