seventeen

YOU

YOU

I raced to my father, clutching a banquet of dandelions plucked from the garden. I've been assisting Mother with her new project of building a greenhouse for various flowers and veggies for a few months now. As I hurried towards the doors with a big smile on my face, I opened his office doors to find him on the phone with someone, but I didn't care. I was as vile and obstinate as a seed.

"Father! Look what I found!" I squealed with delight, bouncing up and down and waving the flower behind him.

He turns around and speaks into the phone, "Please excuse me," I said. He knelt down and grins. "We've gone through this, honey. What must you do for me if I'm on the phone with a client?" He inquired.

"Knock on the doors, then wait for you to finish chatting with them," I said, kicking the dust behind the heels of my shoes. As father sighed and patted my head, I murmured.

"That's right, will you do that for me today for a little while? Your father is really busy," he says.

"You're always busy with Militech!" I screamed at him. "You have no time for me or mother! Why can't you just find another job? Why are we always the last priority, while a foolish data vault is the first? Mom is dying, for God's sake!"

His entire body twitches. Father remains silent. His lips do not emit any words. Then a maid enters quickly and softly grips my arm. The blossoms slipped from my grip. I clenched my teeth and stormed out, pushing the maid away from me. The woman looks at her father as they both sigh deeply. Father continued his task without more delay.

I kicked over an empty flower pot as I continued to stroll around mumbling. "Who does he believe he is? His employment had warped his psyche! He studied to be a military technician, one of the best! However, he is losing his ability to be a husband and father." I suddenly ran into another person, who appeared to be a boy. We both collapsed and moaned. "Hey! Be careful where you're going!" I screamed.

We both widened our eyes when we gazed up at each other. The youngster was then pulled up by a man who ran up to him.

"Are you okay, my Lord?"

My lord? What? Is he super rich or something?

I looked up and down from what he was wearing and he is definitely rich—really rich.

My mother then dashed over to me. As one of the nurses wheeled her towards me, I returned her gaze. Her body has greatly weakened, her skin has thinned, and her bones are becoming brittle. "Y/N! Are you all right, honey?"