thirty six

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓─────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹─────

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓
─────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹─────

PARK JIMIN

"Good evening Gushvin City! I'm Nate Millers. Welcome to the world report on GCN81 News. Just last month, the property owned by Doctor Y/L/N has been burnt down and began to be an ongoing investigation. Reports say that it was a "freak accident", but the public asks: "Is it really?" As there has been no sign of the doctor and his daughter, Y/N. During the disappearance of both doctors and top government Agent, MWT and DST Corporate recently announced a new visa program; APEX. Here is what Doctor Anwir Cozbi Edge had to say about the manufacture,"

I took in a deep breath as I leaned forward of the couch. My hands cupped together as I gazed up at the television. Then, a recording of the doctor appeared during his public announcement to clear the rumors that the town has been hearing and believing. He then walks up onto the stage and waves at the people, the government that sat on the front chairs, and then the mayor. He leans towards the mic and opens his lips.

"Unfortunately, my appearance here today has been heavily requested by a flurry of speculation that my company is developing a weapon of mass destruction and data collecting of every person in this state which will be capable of targeting specific and ethnic groups. I want to address these allegations head on. Are we developing such a weapon?" he shakes his head and takes in a deep breath. "No we are not," he says, which caused everyone to clap. He continued, "Because we already created it,"

Everyone gasped and whispers went around the room. I clenched onto the remote and slowly turned my attention towards Y/N, who was again unconscious. Her body hung from wires, her bottom half was missing, and behind her neck was the relic which causes Y/N to become a walking weapon.

"APEX will be the greatest and most intelligent weapon this country will know—if not, then the world. APEX is more than just data collecting from one's memory storage and files. It will know how to kill, assassinate, and will do anything to accomplish its given mission. Is APEX something you should fear? Yes."

Then, a woman raised her hand. Anwir looks towards her direction and extends out his hand, giving her permission to speak.

"Is APEX a human?" She asked.

"APEX is a hybrid of both worlds," he says. "Project APEX refers to a series of experiments performed by the FNIX and Military Weaponry Transfer Company. FNIX conducted the experiments with the ultimate goal of creating a human hybrid with the Net, saving the persons soul inside the Net into an engram so they can go through other peoples internal networks."

I immediately threw the remote at the television and gasped out in anger. I balled up my fists, "I know you're fucking there, Doctor." I said and looked over my shoulder. Anwir stood with his hands tucked behind his back as he kept his eyes glued towards my direction. I looked away and continued to hang my head down low. "The fuck do you want from me now? Isn't this enough? Didn't you get what you want?!"

"I know you're angry—"

I stood up from the couch and stomped my way towards the doctor. I then grabbed onto his collar and pushed him against the wall with my pistol pressed on the side of his head. "I am more than just angry! I am in pain, and you brought me there!" I screamed. "I fucking trusted you!"

"It had to be done, Jimin. The violence continues to plague this fucking city! Have you seen what the streets look like now? In every dark corner, you will see a dead, spoiled, rotten, metal body of a man, woman, or child! Homicides have been reported all across, even the Corpo District!" He screams back. "GCPD just raised the threat level to three, and it hasn't been that high since 2048. And just recently, a new CyberVirus is being spread across, causing malfunctions in the brain and organs, then to self destruct. Y/N is the best option we had. She made APEX! I needed to do something with it."

"Yeah? Well you raised by reasons on why I should fucking put a god damn bullet in your head by god knows how many levels," I snarled. "But that would be too much quick; less suffering. You made me kill the woman I loved.. and I did it so you wouldn't have to."

All of a sudden, I find myself falling to my side as I feel someone else's weight impact my body. I groan in pain as security held my arms across and pinned me down. I began screaming, trying to wiggle myself out of their grasp, but they were too strong. With rage, I gazed up at the doctor.

"I'll fucking kill you!"

Anwir stares down at me, then a sinister grin grows across his face. "That won't be necessary," he says and turns his back. "You have a new given mission from this standing point," he says. "Your mission is once Y/N is ready with her upgrades and other replacements, your assignment is to keep a close eye on her. I want as much information as I can get my hands onto. If you don't comply, I'll send the Militia to do it for me. I'm sure you know how that will go and end."

"You will regret this! I swear it to you!"

~

I open the door to my apartment and slam it shut once I walked inside. I grabbed a bottle of liquor and turned on my phone, scrolling through the media on what was new. Then, after a few minutes of scrolling down articles, a particular issue appeared. I clicked on the link and opened the article, reading what was written.

"A group has been spotted near the Corpo District, gathering civilians to overturn the government and the Supreme Court, which includes Doctor Anwir Cozbi. Police has also reported that ever since the CyberVirus has spread even further throughout, it has caused androids to go against their protocols. We believe that the male victims is the one caused behind the virus, but unfortunately they have not been found yet, but are dangerous and wanted. For more information, call the authorities and—"

I turned off my phone and chugged down the rest of the alcohol down my throat. To feel the sting made my adrenaline escalate. I grabbed my keys and walked out. Now, on the search for this group, I plan on joining them.

While walking down the stairs after exiting my apartment complex, a hooded man approached me. I slowly slid my hand towards my weapon and stared at him carefully. He looks both ways before coming closer to my direction.

"Sir, I notice your movements and I am aware your existence," I said. "I will shoot if you—"

"Are you Park Jimin?" He spoke.

"Who are you? How do you even know my name?"

"I'm Kim Namjoon. I've been looking for you for a very long time, Agent," he says then looks down at my phone screen. "It seems you've been looking for us as well."

Us?

Then, it hit me.

"You're the group," I muttered.

"We're called BTS," he says and extends out his hand. "We need people like you in our team. Are you in?"

I gazed down then chuckled, "Oh, what the hell.."

I grabbed his hand firmly and shook it.