Paul?

*Lukes pov*

I dont know why i am crying. I cant watch her do this i cant she was about to put the blade to her skin when instead of cutting her arm she cut mine. It started to pour blood but i didnt care about that. I just wrapped my arms around her whilst she cried.

"Luke why weren't you here" she said crying
"I was here i just saved you didnt i?" I said but she probably couldnt tell what i was saying because i was crying so much.
"Im not on about that.." she stood up so i had to stand up. She started to clean up my wrist and i kept on saying things like;
"ow, ouch, that hurts" she just told me to toughen up and stop being a wimp.
"Where did you go and why?" She asked. I was hoping she wouldnt ask that.
"I went to Canberra."
"Canberra thats so far away? Why? Tell me the story of what you did there and stuff!"
"I went there and i lived in a hotel for a few days but ran out of money so i started to live... ouch...on the streets and had showers at swimming po.... ow... I started to work at starbucks and saw that video of Paul abusing you. I had to wait to get my money at the end of the month to save you but when i cmae back you had already... ow... been saved."
"You came back to save me?"
"Mmm yeah? Why wouldnt i save a beautiful girl like you? Did i say that out loud?"
"Really? Im not beautiful... and yes."
"Well this is awkward lets go back downstairs." i said
"Good idea" she agreed.

Everyone is a bit drunk and falling asleep and Lyra said "do you want to go for a walk?"
"Yes please, good idea"
We walked to the local park and,seen as it was dark, no one was here.

We talked about random things and at soem moments it was a bit awkward because our hands kept on brushing against eachother. I wanted to grab hold of her hand and never let go. We probably look like wierdos walking around with handcuffs tying us together but we arent bothered.

I felt someone try to pull Lyra away from me. Im glad we had handcuffs on otherwise i might not of been able to grab her in time. I looked at the person.
"Paul?"
"Well if it isnt little Lukey" Paul said.