Hospice Brings Light

Mia
Since the first time here I have a new view on things. Ana works hard and really doesn't have to. She visits all the kids here, even if she is not their doctor. She hires children's entertainment to come twice a week. I decided to come twice a week to visit as well. I know most patients won't live long so I use my bubbly personality to do what they want to do when I visit. Some are very young and are scared. But staff and volunteers make them feel loved and cared for at all times.
Ana
I have told Mia to leave her troubles at the door and keep smiling because unlike her most of these kids are here living their last days, weeks or months. Her problems don't count for a hill of beans compared to a dying child. I told her crying here is not allowed. Not as a volunteer. Even the parents keep a positive attitude for their child.
Elliott
I have checked on what we will need to make a safe amusement park for all the various types of children in the hospice. Mostly the safety features just in case we need to get a child out in an emergency type situation.
Luckily she got the land closest to the hospice. So we get all the designs and then the permits going for it. She got donations to cover all of it from parents and families of previous patients. She fell asleep while I was correcting some of the designs. Her driver Sawyer says she does it a lot. Works on too much at times after she puts in time at the hospital and the hospice. He has to remind her to eat too.
Mia
Elliott came in while I was drawing pictures with a 4 year old girl. So I had him come over to say hi. I know he is working on a special project for the kids, but Ana said to keep it under wraps until the grand opening.
Elliott
I can't believe Ana got Mia to come here and visit the kids. Someplace a sales clerk is crying. I noticed she's spending less and less time with her snobby friends. Mom and dad have told her it's not quantity of friends but the quality of your friends you have that counts. I suspect she only has a couple of quality friends. Hopefully Ana has become one of the quality ones.
Sawyer
Elliott I am getting Ana home so she can sleep in her bed. Let someone know when you leave okay.
Elliott
I think I will hang with Mia okay? He nods affirmative. For a place with dying children these kids are very upbeat and the people here seem to keep a good disposition. Mia seems to like being with these children. I guess you need to not think about the fact the children are possibly dying and enjoy the moments that are alive and enjoy every second you have with them and give them as much laughter as they can possibly handle.
I think I need to come by as well.
Ana
Sawyer I did it again huh?
Sawyer
You do too much and we both know it. Now eat your dinner and go to bed. Mighty mini mouse. You can only do so much.
Grace
Mia has been ignoring her friends lately, well the snobby ones. And her shopping has decreased greatly. She called and wanted to grab lunch today. She wants to talk about her future.
Two days later
Mia
I drive home after checking on some courses and some jobs that include working with dying patients. I think it would be healthy for me. So I am getting moms input.
Grace
I can't believe that Mia is the same Mia from a month ago. She wants to know how she can get a job working with dying patients young or old. She says Ana put her to work at the hospice volunteering 2 days a week. She says it opened her eyes to just how selfish she and her friends were and she wants to make a dying persons last time enjoyable. I can't tell her how proud I am of her I am crying joyful tears.
We decide to look into just what she can do to get employed to do this.
Carrick
Grace just told me about Mia and I had to sit down. I noticed a difference in her and her credit card bills lately. Plus no high end store deliveries. Plus the snobby kids stopped coming over or calling her. I think she only has two good friends who likes her for her and not for her money and her brothers wealth. Grace said she wants to work with dying patients as a job and asked what she could do to achieve her goal. Of course we are proud of her doing this. Grace said she's been volunteering at the hospice for dying kids. Ana encouraged her to.
Christian
I decided to back off of the land by the hospice, I saw the point of having the amusement park close for the hospice patients. The other property is less than stellar for us, but we can make it work. I made an anonymous donation so they could get the place built quickly.
Mias credit card bills have really decreased. Maybe she dumped the freeloading snobs. One would hope she realized they weren't real friends at all. Just in for what they could get from her. I think their should be pre friend contracts too. Saying you only get what you put into a friendship with one another kind of thing. Some of her friends male and female alike think I am fair game. I have made it clear to them all I am not interested and never will be in any of them. One girl tried to take off my pants while I napping in my old bedroom, I threw her out and let Mia and the other friends what a slut the girl was and that she tried to rape me in my sleep. She is not allowed back or anywhere near any of us. She reminds me of what Elena tried to do to me and Elliott when we were teens. Apparently she also tried with other neighborhood boys. She was caught by the cops and once she got out on bail she left for parts unknown. A lot of rumors about what they found in her basement. I guess she had been taking pictures of a lot of teen boys including Elliott and myself. My dad asked that they not be used since we were minors and they agreed.