An unexpected gift

Mia
I am very sad as I get ready for the family dinner at nice Italian restaurant. I see Ana with Amelias parents at a table not far from ours. She is talking to them and handing them a photo album. She makes them laugh and smile and they all order dinner and they seem to know each other very well. Everyone finally arrives Elliott and Kate are all smiles. Christian is grumpy as usual.
Grace
Mia is that Ana over there? Why not ask her to join us dear.
Mia
Mom I doubt the couple with her is up to meeting new people. Their daughter died earlier today.
Grace
Was it Amelia? Mia nods with tears about fall. Oh sweetheart I am so sorry. You know that Ana went to school with her parents and they helped her get through her illness.
Mia
Is that why she had me be her friend and play with her?
Grace
No, from what I understand Ana wanted you to see how fortunate you are compared to what she sees everyday. That way you would appreciate what you have and how lucky you are to have a healthy body. She wanted you to be the best you could be and knew your choice of some friends wasn't good for you in the long run. She decided to show you another road to take. She saw your big heart.
Mia
I am glad to have her as a friend mom, and she has a huge heart.
Elliott
Okay let's get the good news out of the way since everyone is here. Oh by the way Mia the park is named after Amelia.
Okay I asked Kate to marry me and she accepted. And no she's not pregnant are you baby?
Kate
Uhmmm we find out tomorrow if we are or not.
Emma
Squeals yes please be pregnant.
Grace
Yes I agree. When and where is the wedding
Elliott
Vegas and Elvis
Kate
He is teasing you guys.
Christian
Hey excuse me a moment please. I get up and ask the mature d to bring a couple of nice bottles of champagne to our table for good news. I notice Ana and the couple crying at a table looking at a photo album. It looks like a brochure for caskets. I head to the table and tell mom that Ana is here with a couple and they seem sad.
Grace
She lost a patient today that was the daughter of people she went to school with. So they are sad.
Evan
So she took the child's case?
Grace
Yes pro bono. She had Mia entertain her a lot. So Mia is a bit upset as well.
Ethan
So you are volunteering at the hospice? Still have those leeches as friends?
Mia
Yes and I dumped the leeches. Ana helped with identifying the good friends from the bad friends. It only took having to pay for their own meals and clothing to get rid of the bad friends.
Carrick
Never thought of that lol
Evan
Kate had some friends like that too, she said listen this is my dads money not mine so find a sugar daddy or mommy, because you aren't  getting my parents money lol. The whole table chuckled.
Ana
I am ready to go if you guys are. My guest room is waiting for you. We will go to the mortuary and make a choice in the morning.
Angela
Is that Mia? Can we speak to her please.
Ana
Hey everyone, this is Angela and Bob Amelias mom and dad and old school chums. Mia can they talk to you please.
Mia
Sure we walk over to a spot close to the wall.
Angela
Mia, Amelia wanted you to have this pin. Ana gave it to her when she was placed in hospice. It has a blue September birthstone in it. It's and Angel holding the stone flying.
Mia
Thanks for it. When is Amelias funeral?
Bob
Two days in Boston we would like you to attend. Ana is flying us out and you are welcome.
Mia
I will be there just have Ana tell me the time and place okay.
Bob
We sure will.