Man TF Up; cont'd 2

Chp. 2: Blame

"Got a big Henny cup, thought drinking would help/ Been taintin' myself, I'm ashamed of myself/ I've been praying for myself like you used to/ Embracin' myself, like you do too..."
-Bryson Tiller

Surprisingly, the day moved rather quickly. As I walked to my six o'clock Geology Lab, I realized my professor's TA was walking next to me. She looked like she had been crying or was currently crying or about to cry. I started to say something but soon after, changed my mind. I sped up so that I was no longer in step with her. Next, her phone rang. She answered and greeted the caller then turned to rush in the opposite direction. I assumed that meant our lab was cancelled for tonight yet I continued on to the Science building. Once I reached the classroom, I sat on the bench in the hallway-waiting. I pulled out my laptop so that I could check for a possible "Sorry guys, lab is cancelled!" email.

About ten minutes had gone by before other classmates began to arrive and crowd the hallways. There was still no cancellation email. I looked at the time. We had three minutes until six o'clock. The hallway was jam packed and the classroom door was locked. Inevitably, students started getting restless and/or leaving. I, at least, wanted to adhere to the unofficial 15-minute rule before I left. You know, the notorious student myth that says you can leave class if the Professor or Teaching Assistant is more than 15-minutes late.

I opened a Word Document to type up Courtney's notes from memory. I would've typed them during class but I was too busy torturing myself with Facebook and Instagram. Kandace was still heavy on my brain. It bothered me that she was out and about, just living her life like I didn't exist-like we didn't plan on sharing grandkids one day. I really messed up! I should've never posted that picture of me and Keather.

"Josiah?"

I looked up from my laptop and chuckled at the irony or maybe the strategic act of fate. Keather had come walking from a classroom at the end of the hallway.

She smiled, growing closer to me, "I, uh... I'm glad I ran into you. I wanted to talk to you. I know that you and Monti are really close, and she and I are roommates now, and me and you hooked up but like, I don't want things to be weird between the three of us."

"Okay!" I frowned. She was making a total fuss over nothing. "They won't be!" I promised.

Keather scrunched up her nose at me. It was like she couldn't decide whether to be embarrassed or offended.

"Oh... okay! Cool... well, um... can I buy you lunch tomorrow?"

"Nah, all that isn't even necessary. You're good! We had fun, no biggie!" I assured, laughing off her implications.

Then, I saw it-in painfully slow motion-she swallow a lump in her throat. That can't be good. She's about to spiral. Fuck! The last thing I need is some Fatal Attraction type chick going crazy because she didn't know she was about to get top shelf dick.

"Oh... okay... well... see you around, I guess." Keather closed.

"For sure." I nodded, returning focus to my laptop.