The Universe 101; cont'd 6

Chp. 6: What They Want

"Who wants my money?/ I'll tell you who I don't fuck with/ Who's pullin' strings?/ I'm just pointin' out all the puppets..."
-Russ

I sat in the nail salon, stalkin' Iris' Facebook. I felt like a complete idiot but couldn't stop scrollin' through her posts. It's been almost eight months and I'm still fucked up about us. Honestly, I never thought my actions would catch up to me, no matter how many times I'd been warned. She still looks sexy as hell but there is somethin' different about her. I guess she seems... happier—like she's found her peace. I don't like that shit! It makes me feel like the fuckboy that various females had once or twice claimed me to be. Honestly, I always thought I was the best thing to ever happen to her ass. Yeah, I was doin' extra entertainin' on the side but like... I was still givin' shawty the world. She was my sun and moon regardless of how often I chose to stargaze... Yeah nigga, you fucked up big time, bro!

For a brief moment, two girls caught my attention. I had already peeped their instant hate when me and Yesenia first walked into the salon. They couldn't turn their eyes away from us. I shook my head when I heard a faintly stated, 'They can't ever just appreciate us sistas. She can't love him like a sista will.' It's mind-blowin' how people just be assumin' shit. For all they know, we could be related... or better yet, she could be Black or I could be Hispanic.

Amused, my attention gradually refocused on Facebook. I scrolled over a picture of Iris and Ralph. Quickly, I reversed my thumb up the screen to return to the post. Since our break up, she has been clingin' to Ralph like a fuckin' leech. That shit bothers me. I don't know why, though. I guess, I feel like Ralph was choosin' her over me. I mean, I can barely get that nigga to answer my calls and texts, anymore. It makes me sad. I be feelin' like a bitch, too... Maybe Ashton actually knows what she talkin' 'bout with that 'outta sight, outta mind' shit she be spittin'.

 Maybe Ashton actually knows what she talkin' 'bout with that 'outta sight, outta mind' shit she be spittin'

Iris N. Gibson
We're almost too old for YungStarz but me and my Ace still in this thang! This club has so many of my good memories, so many of my bad memories!!! But I'm afraid it's time to graduate to adult clubs. We lit AF, though! 🔥🔥🔥 -with Ralph Dennis

Man, whatever... fuck them niggas... Soon, I began idly scrollin' my news feed again.

"Bae!" Yesenia called to me. "Come pay!"

One of the girls, sittin' next to me, smacked her lips. The other one watched me like a hawk as I put away my phone and pulled out my wallet. I smirked, plannin' to fuck with them.

The little Vietnamese lady smiled, "You pay for her? $109!" She informed, in broken English then asked. "You tip? You add tip?"

"Nia? $109?" I asked, lookin' towards her direction. The lady that did her pedicure was still helpin' her into her sandals. "I'm tippin', too?"