Man TF Up

Chp. 1: The Motion

"The girl that I wanna save is like a danger to my health/ Try being with somebody that wanna be somebody else/ I always thought she was perfect when she was being herself..."
-Drake

I watched Sampéy, Reece and Montana laugh and giggle at Taz and Courtney who were up attempting some new dance for IG Live. They were all drunk as skunks and high as kites... Well, except for Reece. She was sipping on virgin daiquiris but definitely acting like liquor was in her system. Mason had decided to host an intimate little back-to-school kickback so our dorm was lit. All I wanted to do was sleep, though. I didn't want to be around people tonight.

"Jo, stop moping and come do this dance with us!" Courtney laughed.

"No, please don't! My stomach can't take anymore laughter." Montana begged then insisted. "I don't even have to do any crunches before bed tonight."

I was barely at the party. I mean, I was out in the common area with everybody else but I might as well had been locked up in my bedroom. My focus was on my phone. I was staring at a picture of Kandace.

It was my favorite picture from our Costa Rica trip, this summer

It was my favorite picture from our Costa Rica trip, this summer. I took it on our second night there. We shared a room but not a bed and yet somehow she kept ending up in my bed. She kept saying her bed didn't feel as comfortable as mine. Her parents had to be drunk off each other and in their own little world because we got away with a lot of shit during that trip... until... Anyway, that's when I fell in love with her all over again. During the course of our relationship, I've fallen in love with her on three different occasions-well, four but I don't ever count the first time. There's the night we met, the day she told me she was pregnant with Jace, that night she prayed for me and my mom and our second night in Costa Rica. I think that was the best sex we've ever had. Fuck!

"Jo!" Courtney called.

I looked up from my phone.

"Man, snap out of it!" Taz laughed, shoving a blunt into my hand.

I took a puff of the weed and handed the blunt to Montana.

"Even though that bitch still hasn't apologized to me, and I hope New York eats her ass the fuck alive, I feel like you should try calling her one last time. Not drunk this time... and have a real conversation with her." Montana said with all the shade of a forest in her tone. "Cece, Sam, y'all can't get her to talk?"