The Universe 101; cont'd 7

Chp. 7: Someone To Love

"Type of nigga, have your bitch in my spot/ I'm the type to tie her feet in a knot, Type of nigga, turned a dream to a G/ Type of nigga, turned that G to a drop..."
-Mike WiLL Made-It

We were probably finna have to do a whole police report. I wasn't lookin' forward to that shit. I already knew what it looked like. The cops were gon' step on the scene, ready for war. To them, it was gon' look like a bunch of young niggas up to no good.

Surprisingly, it was pretty hard to get Yesenia to calm down. She was cryin' like she had actually been shot. I'm just relieved, though! Thank God we were in the backseat instead of the front! Jesus always comin' through with the master plan.

By now, Quevon and Sasha and Jodie were out in the parkin' lot with us. They kept askin' questions even though I told they asses that I didn't see shit and wasn't involved in none of that drama.

"My mom is gonna kill me." Yesenia sniffled with her face in my chest. "Is her car considered evidence now? Oh God!"

"Chill, Nia! Breathe before you pass out." I coached, watchin' Sasha—who's head was now in the window of the car. "Sash, quit before you have the cops over here on some fuck shit."

She smacked then moved from the window. Quevon giggled a bit. Jodie focused on her phone before lookin' up.

"My brother is ready to go, y'all. Bye!" She waved, leavin' us.

Sasha and Quevon returned the wave. Randomly, Yesenia let out a deep sigh. I don't know what that's about but she can end the beef. I'm glad that I have a crew who has my back, even Jodie's mean ass wanted to be sure that I was good. I appreciated the concern. Female friends are just different than male friends. Back home, if somethin' like this would've happened, DWB would've scattered like roaches.

...I watched as two of the many cops slowly made their way over to us. I tightened my grip around Yesenia in an effort to relax her.

"Okay. Who's the car belong to?" The first cop rudely began.

"Yes, sir! It's my girlfriend's mama's car." I informed, holdin' up the keys.

The second cop was writin' on a notepad, "And you two were in the car when the bullet came through the window?"

"Yes, sir." I nodded.

"What were you doing in the car?"

"We were just in the backseat, talkin'." I lied. "I was on my phone lookin' at Instagram and she was doin' the same thing. On Snapchat or whatever."

Yesenia turned her face away from the officers and snuggled her forehead into my chest. The moment made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. It told me that everything was gonna be okay.

"And what about you two?" The first cop said wavin' his finger between Sasha and Quevon. "Where were you while bullets were flying?"

"Still up in the bleachers, thank God!" Sasha sassed.

Quevon gave her a wide-eyed expression. Sasha took heed, changin' her tone.