The Universe 101

Chp. 1: Say It

"And I swear on all I have/ I would cut my heart in half/ For us to walk the same path..."
-Elaine

When life gives you Houston, I guess you screw and chop that shit. A nigga gotta admit, the homie, Quevon has managed to keep me busy all summer. She successfully got a nigga lookin' at 'Tha H' differently but now that school has started, the 'lituation' is probably about to dim and frizzle out. School days be long as fuck and work nights be torture. I like my job! I love it, actually, but I thought my aunt was gon' let me quit when school started. Hell naw, though! She was on some 'That job gon' keep yo' ass outta trouble' shit! Thus, a nigga still goin' up to Foot Locker on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and weekends. I work 6 to 9pm during the week and full eight-hour shifts, Saturdays and Sundays.

"What's up, nigga?" I laughed into the phone. I was on my way to work when I got a text from Blake. I decided to call him when Aunt Tammy asked how he was doing. "...I'm headed to Foot Locker. You good?"

"Nigga, you know how we do! I'm getting around." Blake laughed.

"What does that mean?" Aunt Tammy fussed.

Blake smacked, "Bro, why you didn't tell me I was on speaker?"

Aunt Tammy continued, "You shouldn't be saying anything questionable at all."

I laughed. For once, I wasn't the one being chastised for the randomness of adult thinkin'. My aunt stays fussin' about bullshit. It's annoyin' as fuck, too. Damn!

"...Hey Aunt Tam!" Blake slightly chuckled. That nigga was probably worried that his words were gonna come back and bite him in the ass. "How you been?"

"Oh, you know how yo' auntie do! I'm getting around." Aunt Tammy taunted.

I laughed 'cause that shit was funny to me but Blake didn't think so. His end of the phone grew quiet. After catching my breath, I took the phone off of speaker.

"What's up, though?" I re-greeted.

"I'm off the speaker?" Blake pouted.

"Yeah bro, with yo' crybaby ass!" I huffed.

Aunt Tammy's hand came flyin' in my direction. I curled up towards the passenger door, waitin' for the hit to land. Once I felt the pain on my left shoulder, I frowned back at my aunt. She don't even be hittin' on her own damn kids so I don't know what the fuck she thought this was.

"Watch yo' mouth, Trevor! I'm not gonna keep sayin' it!"

I huffed then refocused on Blake. He was laughin' at me. I guess he had heard me get hit.

"Nigga, what's so funny?" I growled.

"You, nigga!" Blake teased. "You left one crazy mama for another one."

"My mama ain't crazy, nigga! That's yo' mama!" I disagreed.

"Neither one of y'all's mama is wrapped too tight." Aunt Tammy added.