The Universe 101; cont'd 10

Chp. 10: All I Want Is You

"I wonder sometimes./ I wonder if I, was wrong/ Tryna do right by you got me here/ Now all I am is alone..."
-Miguel

So Thanksgiving dinner was great! I'm fuller than a motha fuckin' tick and I just wanna chill but Nia was hardcore crusadin' on this 'goin' to the movies' shit so I gave in to her plea. Well, I only gave in because she said I could invite Que. And that's the only reason I gave in because she ain't got pull like that yet. Fuck what you think or heard, I still ain't no sucker... And plus, I ain't have no control over who all Que decided to invite so I knew the discomfort might be worth it if we just so happened to have the theater lit. Yep! We ended up being deep as fuck at Regal Edwards Grand Palace. I mean, it was a grocery list of niggas with us; me and Nia, a lot of her brothers and cousins and their gals and friends and shit, Quevon showed up with Sasha, Sasha invited Patrick and his baby mama; Maxine, Patrick brought his cousin; Shaun, Nia's best friend; Luna came through... it had to be like at least 30 of us. I know for a fact that it was enough of us to have a screening to ourselves.

When it was time to buy our tickets, the time slot we wanted ended up being sold out. We didn't wanna split the crew so we all bought tickets for the latest unsold showing. That meant we wouldn't see our movie—Creed—until 10:35pm and it was only 7:42pm at the moment. Which, that meant we now had time to kill. The crew began to part ways once the ticket buying ordeal was sorted. Some of us got concessions and grabbed a table to chill. Some of us went to the arcades. Some of us decided to chance that movie hoppin' shit. Meanwhile, me and Yesenia went to the ice cream parlor, located in the second floor of the theater.

We were sharin' a double fudge sundae. And she was back on her weird shit, askin' me all kinds of questions and whatnot.

"Why you trippin' like this?" I smirked.

Yesenia scoffed, What you mean tripping? How I'm tripping?"

"You be playin' 21 questions with me and shit." I added, lickin' whipped cream off my thumb.

"Man, you a whole mystery thriller and you don't want me asking you questions? That's not cool. I don't know about you but when I'm reading a suspense novel, I skip ahead a couple pages." Yesenia sassed.

I smirked again, watchin' her slowly put a cherry in her mouth then pull the stem through her teeth. That fuzzy feelin' was makin' its return.

"I ain't no mystery. I'm literally an open book." I disagreed.

"What?!" Yesenia coughed, chokin' on her scoop of ice cream. "Boy, that's a boldface lie. You like... uhh, M&M's..."

My smirk turned into a blush. I don't think it had ever come up so I doubt she knew that M&M's were my favorite candy. I folded my bottom lip into my month and waited. I was anxious for her assessment.

"Like, you all smooth and colorful and put-together on the outside, and then you have a layer of sweetness but then your core is hard... and peanuty." Yesenia grinned.

"Peanuty? What the fuck is peanuty?" I chuckled.

"I don't know. But that's you." She insisted. "Anyway, back to my questions. Answer me, what's your favorite part of a girl?"