30

Silence was profound when there was an elephant in a room.

Lola's eyes danced through the room, she knew everyone could feel the tension.

She wasn't sure what she was doing here except being here for her sister.

Ever since they were little, Laura had seemed different and distant but as they grew together, things changed and they became closer.

Lola couldn't quite remember a certain age of her childhood with Laura but she knew from the moment their sisterhood bond bloomed that Laura was special.

Lola had gotten use to the spotlight and attention being on Laura, most siblings would hate it but Lola understood that no matter the situation she knew who the real Laura was.

Her sister was kind, sweet and sturborn, and Lola loved her so.

Lola studied each face, they all looked tired and edgy.

Jackson and his wife, Mary, sat close to each other with his wife's head on his shoulder as he held her close.

Jonathan's seated position was opposite Jackson and his wife, he sat next to Laura who was sitting across a strange tall, elderly man, who Jonathan had introduced as Mr. Yinka Thomas.

Out of everybody Naomi's face held the worse expression, she threw her gaze to the wall - clock every few minutes, like she was waiting for something to happen.

Then there was the detective who seemed more compose than anyone else.

Bola was present also, as the kids were in school and her mother-in-law agreed to stay home with her baby.

Lola and Bola had grown close to each other in the past year. The pain of almost loosing someone special to them and for that person to return and not know who they were was an emotional draw.

It was almost a trauma but they were there for each other and they grew closer everyday after the accident.

Lola couldn't take the tension anymore, she wasn't someone to sit still, she asked if anyone needed any snacks or drinks, everyone declined except Bola who offered to follow her to the kitchen.

They both walked into the kitchen quietly, Lola opened the top cupboard, she felt the need for cereal.

She was mixing it in a bowl when Bola sighed for the fourth time in a row.

"Is there something bothering you?"

"I don't know Lola, how can you be calm? I feel very anxious." Bola kept running her sweaty palms through each other as she sighed again.

"I'm anxious as well but I'm trying to make myself understand that I'm here for Laura. No matter how we feel, Laura and Jonathan feel worse. Whatever this is, it will either make them stronger or pull them apart forever and that makes me wonder about Katherine. We are here for them. So get it together please."

Bola squeezed her eye shut. She tried to take in deep breaths, she tried twice, her third trail led to tears.

"I feel selfish and cruel. I'm here bothering about my feelings when there are worst things."

Lola took bold steps and took her friend into her arms, she patted her head as she consoled her to be calm.

"No Bola, I didn't mean it that way. You're human, your feelings will always matter. Let's just be strong okay. No matter what, we know who Laura is, her name or memories don't matter, she's here for us to make new ones."

Bola nodded into Lola's shoulders, she sniffed in her tears and thanked Lola for being a wonderful person.

"You want some cereal?"